Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Chucky : Quick modeling (wip)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
Did this for fun this morning , anyone remember it ?
the movie caused quite a stir in th uk ..

Did this as a present for my GF , she loved the movies ...

trying to get it done in under 5 hours , im curently at 3 hours...

chucky1.jpg

Comments and crit welcome as usual

Replies

• Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres the reference , just in case ppl didnt know wot it was ...

bride-chucky-c.jpg

I think this is 7 hours ... pretty quick for me , but loads of problems with texture and stuff , it took me a while to paint the texture, and the hair transparency isnt working properly , maybe im using shadow maps by accident , ill have a look , but im gona basicly call this almot done .... meant to be quick ...

chucky2.jpg

chucky3.jpg

chucky4.jpg
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    He looks more adult than doll like, and mostly due to the length of the face, the nose in particular. Grab the eyes and shift them downwards.
  • Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    Im on it now ... gona do the hair in a different way...

I think the distance between the nose and top lip is too much

Ill work on it a little more ...
  • Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok , update , ive made the mouth smaller , and higher , the eyes lower on the head . and generally tidyed up a little ....

chucky6.jpg

some more comments would help guys ...
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    If you look at the ref, the nose is exactly one eye high, but yours is close to 3 eyes high.
  • Mishra
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    looking better already, but as rick said, the nose you made is too tall. chucky's nos in that picture is as tall as his eye.

also the mouth seems a bit off, like the teeth are too high up on his lower jaw.
  • Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    since that pic , ive brought the nose down tot he right size , and made the eyes closer together , also the mouth smaller , and defined the crease on the cheeks more ... ill post a update soon , want to get this finnish , and start a new project tomorow ...
  • Hollowmind
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like his face is too thin and his cheeks sag down too far past his jaw line. His upper cheeks need to be more prominent I think, too. You need to furl his eyebrows more to get a more menacing look and to be closer to the ref pic. Otherwise coming along really nice.
  • Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    TBO , the reference im working from is different to the pic , my Girlfriend has a chucky figure .. and im working from that .. although , im trying to fit things in better wit the movie... he does change quite a bit tho , from movie to movie , and even from scene to scene .... so its hard to nail down the look....
  • Zeldrik
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeldrik polycounter lvl 18
    The stretching of the texture across his nose is pretty bad.
    It's starting to get there though.
  • Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    chucky8.jpg

this is where i am at the moment, there certainly looks like there is streaching on the nose , but the uvs are layed out ok i think ... well , ill do more to it , maybe ill make this a 2 day project to make it finnished ... Ignore the hair , its not painted , just the raw polys there
  • Herr-Maestro
    Offline / Send Message
    Herr-Maestro polycounter lvl 18
    That almost looks dead on. Have you also checked wth the new movie website as well?
  • Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    this is meant to be bride of chucky version , im gona check out the website when i get a spare few mins smile.gif

chuckyflat.jpg

Im calling this finnished , just spent an hour on the hair today ... wanted it too look better , but i could spend weeks trying to get it photo real .... the texture was done using a wacom..

Plz give me crit in areas i can improve on my next project ...
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Looks good. I think the lines in the hair could be thinned out. Also, the chunks taken out around his right eye seem too sharp/deep. Other than that, you made a huge improvement from the beginning. I think everyone would know who it is at first glance wink.gif
  • Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    thnx , again , this is to speed me up , somthing like this used to take me ages .. not its just a couple of hours to model it out ... gona start a new project tomorrow ...