a texture!

derelict
polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    A very Gigeresque style texture, the lighting on the more formed areas is great.
    As a more Gigerish touch, would be nice if there were like a high specular, dark toned semi-transparent skin covering the rusted metal above and below. But that's just a little idea that popped into my head... knowing me, it probably looks crap tongue.gif

You pulled off a nice job as is even if the yellowish rust metal at the bottom seems somewhat out of place. (to me atleast, not anyone else).
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I'm diggin' the texture. I agree with RazorBladder in it being very Gigeresque, but I'm not entirely a fan of the lighting on the metal near the middle area. They're too soft IMO - aswell as most of the texture has very ''soft' edges. I'm bein' a little subject as I tend to go with hard edges on my textures. As I said in #md, love it.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Sweet looking. Nice detail.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    why did someone laquer over the rust? i think either you should break up the specular to make it look like the rust is shiney, or go back to a non rusty metal. its confusing that it is liquid glass in shineyness, but the color information is telling me that it is bumpy as hell. Mind you it looks very cool, but it just doesnt make sense.
  • Bradfordart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bradfordart polycounter lvl 18
    Looking cool, would be fun to see more volume tho. I would suggest wrapping things more together with eachother, a tube going under other tubes, twisting together, jutting more up or down, etc.