Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Max 7 mid poly Desert Eagle video tutorial set

olblue
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
olblue polycounter lvl 18
I have released a four part video tutorial set for 3d Studio Max 7 on the end to end creation of a 5000 polygon Desert Eagle using polymodeling. The gun features chamfered edges and milling, so minor adjustments to the model would ensure compatibility with most game engines (edit- for games compatibility this would work with removing the milling and chamfers for a low poly variant, then using the high poly version as a normal map, yes, I will be using that later as an example.)

desert-eagle2.jpg
desert-eagle.jpg

The link to the tutorial is http://3d-palace.com/video.php?vid=60 - The set comes in at just under 200 megs in total. To download you will need to register ( www.3d-palace.com/forums ) then log in, making sure you click "Keep me logged in" so that you are able to download.

Note that we use the TSCC codec, there is a big link to it on the top of our forum pain page. Also, if you get bored making the Desert Eagle we have about 600 hours of other tutorials, so go wild and have fun.

Any problems, post to the forums (on my site) and have fun.

Cris
www.3d-palace.com

Replies

• Josh_Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Chris! It's cool to see you on these forums! Im a big fan of your video tuts. Only 1 thing bugs me, So about a year ago I decided it would be cool to have a matrix apu in my demo reel. So I bought the mcfarlane toy and modeled it by eye. Now cause of you everybody has one!! hahahaha. anyways Ill be sure to check these out.
  • olblue
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh, yeah, sorry about that wink.gif There are a few of them now as I recall... Next tutorials set will be a big piloted mech and crew in a short animation... not an APU this time wink.gif

Anyway, enjy the tuts and its cool to be on these forums too

cris
  • eepberries
    Offline / Send Message
    eepberries polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Heh, yeah, sorry about that wink.gif There are a few of them now as I recall... Next tutorials set will be a big piloted mech and crew in a short animation... not an APU this time wink.gif

Anyway, enjy the tuts and its cool to be on these forums too

cris

[/ QUOTE ]
    Perhaps it could be of something from Zone of the Enders 2? crazy.gif

Anubis?
    Jehuty?

Or maybe Metal Gear Ray?

Just some personal suggestions I think would be cool to see smile.gif
  • olblue
    Offline / Send Message
    Well to pop it in perspective, the new tutorial focusses on building a 3 minute animated promo of a massive walking mech with a crew and buildings on its back (big mech)- Im working on the legs at the moment. Lots o fun smile.gif