Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nazi

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
Did a little bit of work on him today to bring him back to where he was the first go at him.
nazioldnew.jpg

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    What sort of poly count are we looking at here?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I can't remember but I think it has a poly range suitable for an RTS game.

TheGodZero: That looks kickass. I much prefer the skin on the model on the left compared to the one on the right.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its for a RTS its 596 tris they said 550-600. the only parts that are done are the face (might redue it so he will be pissd looking) the hands, and the coat front -the bottom pockets.

Thanks brome
    the one on thr right is the new skin, the left is the crapy old one.
  • BackSlash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BackSlash polycounter lvl 18
    The pants definitally need some wrinkles in them, but I am not sure if this is a WIP.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nazi596ren3.jpg
    nazi596tex.jpg

Little more work but still very WIP, i'm spending too much time on pimping my game i forget i have a nazi to texture...
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I don't particularily like the noise filter you seem to have over everything - it takes away from the clarity your texture could have.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    the noise is fitting, but only over the fabric, it makes it look like felt, which is good. the legs need alot more work, but im sure you are getting to that. the straps looke really nice all over. good work man.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Me and cloth are not such good friends, so i'm getting everything thats not cloth done before i come back to it. If i cant mentaly see the folds and wrinkles, i cant draw it. This only leaves me with the rest of the gun and the boots...so soon i'll be back in the evil cloth.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok i think i'm done. What do you guys think?
    The sad thing is this only took me five days of working on it, its just that it was one day a week.

If only i would hae done it all at once i might have known how long it took me... i just might have done it in the time limit for the art test, who knows?

nazi-final.jpg
    nazi-final-wires.jpg
    nazi596texflat2.jpg
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    the wrinkles on the pants seem to be a bit much. I think you are folling into 2 classic cloth mistakes. the first is that the cloth folds are too small. it makes it look like the cloth is stretched tight over a big tube, and it is wrinkling just a little bit over top of it, to make these little creases. have a couple larger more undulating changes in direction, so it looks like its actually hanging on his legs. the second mistake is that the folds are not appropriate for the material type. It was orginally textured, and I think from scott ruggels image posts, to be a type of heavy felt/wool. but the wrinkles are the type appropriate for a much thinner more pliable fabric. When a material is thicker like wool, it will have much larger wrinkles that are a bit sharper along their edges, they tend not to have too many "round" wrinkles. more like dents and creases. this is where reference really helps out. Looking really nice, and these are minor nitpicks. keep up the good work.
  • Kayamate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kayamate polycounter lvl 18
    Nice texturing bro, i think you should put some more work into the boots and add stronger highlights and a crease in the wool
  • Nicodemus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nicodemus polycounter lvl 18
    nicely done man, way to stick with it thru the accuracy and details
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    A lot better! Good Silhouette, good detail, Excellent job for the sub 600 poly.

Scott
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got an aproval from scott, i feel so, so, wow... No crits from scott.. Come on i had to have done something wrong other than making the texture overly gritty.
  • Bradfordart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bradfordart polycounter lvl 18
    I don't know I like the gritty feel; didn't their uniforms resemble that because it was thick wool? I would have to agree push more contrast the cloth, though. Other than that solid work; nice poly usage.!
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Okay okay, if I must say something. Unless this is France 1940, the tunic and trousers should be the same color, and the pouches (<i>Patronentaschen</i>) should have 3 cells instead of just two, for the rifle he's carying. Hands should be smaller, and the Gasmask cannister should be below where you have the Zeltbahn., but over his left butt cheek.

Minor Nits,all.

Scott
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did some LOD's on the guy so that it could be used in a game.
    nazi-lod.jpg
    nazi512.jpg
    nazi256.jpg
    nazi128.jpg

Should i do a 64x64 and drop him another 100, if i can...
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    The 596 seems like its wasting some polies in the knees and elbows.
  • Zeldrik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeldrik polycounter lvl 18
    That texture ended up looking great. really compliments the simplicity of the mesh.