Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fantasy valkyrie project - looking for feedback

Hello!
Im a uni student working on my original fantasy character, it took me approximately 6 weeks to create this artpiece. Please feel free to share your critique!

Replies

• VIVIVICG
    First off I love this! reminds me of a Soul Caliber aesthetic.
    All of these comments come from a place of admiration, and in hope that you make your own choices regardless of my personal opinions.

Speaking from the perspective of pose and presentation;
    1. Raising the hand up so it doesn't sit in front of the wing might improve the silhouette. Not to disrespect the subtle beauty and confidence this pose gives as she admires her own gauntlet.
    2. In my head, the back foot would be planted firmly on the ground, supporting their weight, and aligned with the torso. The front foot would be rotated forward with the snake, implying a sort of "step forward" as she positions herself to rotate the shoulders and look at her gauntlet.
    Design Critiques:
    1. Love the Axe, maybe the corrupted glow could trace out some of the decal work (like you did on the belt area). That would help that hard work stand out and provide some visual storytelling. The red on the axe also comes off fainter than the rest of the model.
    2. That Blue accent on the eyes is really cool, but you might benefit from using a slightly lighter shade of blue. Our eyes naturally perceive blue as darker than other colors and this can make its contrast against black more difficult than greens or reds. This article goes into excessive detail on the subject https://medium.com/@think_ui/why-color-contrast-is-not-as-black-and-white-as-it-seems-94197a72b005  to over simplify: RGB 0,0,255 is a very dark color due to biological limitations of the eye. Something like 20,20,255 will make a huge boost in visibility.
    I hope you find the above beneficial :)