Home Technical Talk

Is zremesh the only way to fix this?

dsalin34
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
dsalin34 polycounter lvl 2

Is applying zremesh the only way to fix this poly stretching issue on my model’s furrowed brow? I tried using the smooth brush but it instead just reduced the form/shape of the brow itself. I have attached a shot of it to this post so you can see.

Help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    You can activate sculptris button .  it would just add triangles where necessary on the fly  including smoothing  or use dynamesh  for the whole model .     Zremesher is for low/ mid poly shell generation to bake things on. 

• dsalin34
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thank you very much for taking the time to share these helpful tips gnoop . Just one last thing though, hypothetically, if was designing this guy for being used in a video game, would I definitely need to apply zremesh?

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Zbrush doesn not render soft normals in viewport. Try using BPR render with soft normals turned on to see what it actually will look like.

Zremesher isnt there to fix facetting, it can with enough density, but you might as well just subdivide your mesh once more.
  • gnoop
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    dsalin34 said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share these helpful tips gnoop . Just one last thing though, hypothetically, if was designing this guy for being used in a video game, would I definitely need to apply zremesh?

You need low poly model  for video games . As well as for animation too .  The one  hi res surface could be  baked  as normal map or displacement .    It's not only games related actually . Nobody animates anything made of  millions of polys  .    You can use any retopology tool  if you don't like  Zremesher.        Blender,3d max or MAya too .  Wherever you feel comfortable.   Zremesher is just a half automatic approach  using any curve producing brushes  as guides for polygon flow.
  • pxgeek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pxgeek keyframe
    For a quick fix, try Relax in the deformation tab...it respects masking and you can keep your topology.

But zremeshing and reprojecting would work just as well.
  • dsalin34
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everybody, I really appreciate all you guys taking the time to share your expertise and give me a better idea of what to do next! I look forward to trying out these solutions.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Just sculpt it out. Smooth it (there is shift smooth available as well) and then sculpt it back out. I don't get the problem.