Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP/Critique Wanted] Dwarwen Warrior

Recently started head bust. My sculpting skills are a bit rusty, and something about the anatomy and proportions feels off. I can't put my finger on it though. Anything that comes to mind at first glance? I'm looking to stylize the character a fair amount once the proportions look okay.

Replies

• zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    work on the ears and back of the head to get it roughly at the same level of detail as the face. Study the skull; the ear hole is an important landmark for judging proportions. Flesh and fat hangs off of bone through gravity. Carve out mouth and eye cavities, and make separate meshes for eyes, teeth, tongue. Don't sculpt eyebrows directly onto the face, have them be a separate mesh like you did with the mustache and beard, so you can hide the eyebrows and work on the brows.

It looks like you're working in blender - idk if it has subdivision levels like Zbrush, but if it does use it

watch Ryan's vids https://www.youtube.com/@RyanKingslienVertexSchool

• Andrino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks zetheros! I'll keep that in mind.

Yes, blender does have sub levels.
     I will simplify the model and focus the landmarks of the skull, will post an update later🙂
  • pxgeek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pxgeek keyframe
    Getting all the basic forms of head and having the entire head to the same level of detail is great advice. And of course working from some reference is always good too.

The skull usually should have some angles to them and not as uniformly round as you have it, and watch for how the back of the skull transitions into the neck.
    The eyes and the brows look very squeezed in together in relation to his cheekbones.