Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Dynamic figure sculpting. Looking for feedback

Hey everyone!

Here's the model I've been working on for some time now.

I'm quite happy with how the torso and head look, but I think the arms, back, and legs still need a good amount of attention. 

I'd love to hear any thoughts on this model. Especially anatomy critics would be very welcome. 

Thank you!

Replies

• Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    looks good, the only thing bugs me was the weight on the feet, he is on tip toes, but is also resting on his front foot heavily - bit counterintuitive
    visually, especially carrying that extra person on his shoulders
  • SerhiiKhomenko
    Ruz said:
    looks good, the only thing bugs me was the weight on the feet, he is on tip toes, but is also resting on his front foot heavily - bit counterintuitive
    visually, especially carrying that extra person on his shoulders

Yea, I see what you're saying. The idea was to make it look like he's about to fall. This orc is fighting for his life and almost defeated. I was thinking about putting some rocks behind his back feet. Thank you for feedback! I appreciate it

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Pretty  good figures. Looks a lot like beefy could snap the little guy's neck tho. The narrative is a bit weird.
  • Vertrucio
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    I know it's barely started but really not convinced by the pose of the woman on his shoulders, and how it relates to the orc. There's no feel of dynamic opposed action between them. She's hugging his neck and he's giving her a head rub. Get his claws involved, have her full body in an arc, straining against his strength. Tilt the orc so that his legs aren't under him and he's off balance and she's throwing her weight into that imbalance.