Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP of my Deciduous Forest Diorama

Hey all, for my major project at uni I am creating a realistic, organic diorama with dynamic seasons. Basically I will be reproducing the same scene in each of the four seasons, and have already set up the seasonal changes in the foliage and props through blueprints and materials. I just need to nail down the composition and aesthetics, and any other areas which would think I could improve. I still need to add a few different species of plants but the most important ones are in for now.

I am using Niagara fluids to create a stream of water which flows out of the opening in the brick wall. The fundamentals are in but I've ran into a few issues with it which I have mentioned in a different post.

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter

Hi! While I think it looks pretty cool, some story element would be nice, to pull the viewer in. Could be something man-made like an adventurers gear rested against the wall, some construction tool or a broken wheel that was left there. The processed materials like metal, wood, leather or fabric could be an interesting contrast to the nature materials.

Keep it up!

• BusterWappett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thanks man, and I totally agree. I had thought about a few old props in the water which have both wood and metal parts, like as you said a construction tool or bucket. I think it would be cool to see the water crashing against and diverting around them once I get the water working properly too!

Cheers!