Home General Discussion

I love and hate midjourney

Replies

• Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter

the problem with it is. they act as if they are NFT bros, rambling about democratizing a genre that was gate kept by very experienced artists who have to draw EVERY . SINGLE . FRAME by hand.

they are not better than the nfts bros, they do not talk about gate keeping by corporations but by talented experienced artists creating those pieces. and then go on showing how they can do it, using their experience and skillset and tools to sell their subscriptions.

admittedly a lot cheaper than classical animators doing it frame by frame, but that was not the point they made in their video.

• Lord McMutton
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17

Mind you, Corridor Digital also trained the generator on stolen frames from a Vampire Hunter D movie, and their response to the backlash was to passive-aggressively 'like' posts defending image generators on Twitter instead of engaging in any sort of dialogue.

And then they made a tongue-in-cheek follow-up where they used generators again, still without responding at all to the backlash.

I'm pretty annoyed with them, myself.

Also hello I'm back

• Eric Chadwick
  • zetheros
    Online / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator

People who say AI art "decentralizes" art, and that artists have been "gatekeeping" are pretty stupid imo. Art was never centralized in the first place, and if spending years of your life to make a skill marketable is 'gatekeeping' (which it is not), then basically anyone with a marketable skill is gatekeeping.

• Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter

as soon as I see fad terms used like that I assume the person using them is a moron and/or douche