Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Animators, Programmers & 3D Modelers for tech demo build

1helavaHermit
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
1helavaHermit polycounter lvl 2
  1. I work with a team of people building a tech demo showcasing our main ideas for potential publishers to gain funding and start our own dev team. Our project lead has connections to various publishers in the industry and a couple of them have been consistently showing interest in what we have to show them. Microsoft, Sony, and Bandai Namco are the main ones although there are others. Our game is about the relationship between people and nature and how it has changed since a global pandemic caused society to collapse.

Our story will mainly be experienced from the perspective of a woman in her mid to late '20s and her travels with her dog throughout this new world discovering what happened to the US while she was in hiding. Our main character as well as her dog will see people who are in their own way attached, detached, or malevolent towards nature/animals. The player will be able to complete a pacifist playthrough with no killing of NPCs, should they choose. The player will have various methods of approaching each obstacle being aggressive or passive with the tools to help them do it, i.e weapons, resources, etc.

Beginning the game as someone particularly average, the character by the end will change into a fit and experienced survivor with the visual changes to her appearance matching her progress i.e weight loss, longer sprint duration, and melee may become a bit more impactful as well as moving objects in the world around her, like dumpsters, and ladders Unfortunately we can't just hire people to work with us so finding and retaining good people has been a real challenge, but that's the nature of what we're trying to do so we'll keep going. Each of us works on this project as a side job apart from our main responsibilities and jobs until we get our funding"

What we need:
    1. Someone to give our dog proper animations
    2. 3D generalists
    3.Sound designer 

Our team is working on this project in our time outside of work/individual lives so we are flexible with due dates and workload and by the nature of our situation progress has been slow with so few of us. When emailing for the first time please leave me with your time zone as that will be important as well for ease of communication. Our team does all communicating on Discord so you will be invited to have a call with us there and join our server if you decide to work with us. You do not need a cam we just need to hear your voice.

If you are looking for something to add to your portfolio that will be used while giving you credit for your work, or are interested in our team's potential, contact me at 3rdof3kings@gmail.com I'll answer your questions should you have any, thank you for your time.

Replies