Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Banishing Bell/3D Prop

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Enrique90 polycounter lvl 5

Hello all I'm currently doing a 3D boot camp and we are currently working on our capstone for the first section. I've chosen to do this Banishing Bell by Glenn van Driel.

I've started the blockout and trying to get my proportions right. Any feedback is appreciated ty!

Replies

• samjahraus

Looking really good! I'll be interested to see how you do some of the sculpting and material work

• Enrique90
    Offline / Send Message

thanks! current progress on the high poly. Not sure if I should sculpt more dmg or if I went to light handed with it but currently trying to figure out how to bake and do the rope for the final presentation.

• Bhasara
    Offline / Send Message
    Bhasara polycounter lvl 6

Looking good so far ! Real nice job on the modeling part :)

For the damage, depend on how far you want to push the high poly sculpt. I would sculpt more damage/deformation on the thin edge on top of the bell and on the bottom part. It would be logical for these two areas to be the most damaged over time.

These are the only "large" damages that I can observe from the concept that doesn't feel like that on your high poly. For the rest small scratches etc... You can potentially get away with it during texturing with some normal/height map.

Here are the areas I mentioned:

But that just my humble opinion :p

Keep it up, eager to see more progress ! 💪

• Enrique90
    Offline / Send Message

@Bhasara thank you for the feedback! I did go back and revisit both sections you mentioned. Will post updates later this week. Thanks again!

• Enrique90
    Offline / Send Message

Currently working on the low poly. I had some feedback about using 2 2k maps instead of one 4k but I seem to lose out on a lot of space but I guess it is what it is? Any input on this would be appreciated thanks!