Home Technical Talk

TT copy-paste Lite V.2

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
modelk polycounter lvl 4

I have published a script - 'TT copy-paste Lite script V.2 (Version 2) - or - ''2 percent of power left'' survival helper method for Autohotkey' ;).

The script was written to work (with the text and files, copy-and-paste) with any standard keyboard - x2 times faster, likewise as though you worked with the "non-standard" keyboard, which has additional keys on that's side.

Please, find more details on (and any comments will be accepted with gratitude):

https://ko-fi.com/Post/Published-a-TT-copy-paste-Lite-script-Version-2-J3J7F9DIC

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter

Hello,

After reading your post and the whole description page ... I still have no idea what this does. It involves the Tab key, somehow ?

• modelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    modelk polycounter lvl 4

Hi!

It is working as this:

If you just press Tab (and hold it 'for ever'), then start pressing:

double click on text by LMB - to select it,

press - Top1 key,

go to another window (or program),

click once in that field by LMB,

press - Top2 key.

When you find out how to work with that, after one week it will be like this: onetwo, onetwo, onetwo, onetwo, onetwo, etc.

Because the fingers are like a bunch - they are close to each other. So, your brain is always remember what to press next. Even in darkness it feels like relaxed.

I usually using this tool, when I finished my work, and I need to write something, using the words from template. Or if I copy the files to another disk.

Also, I use a pen tablet. So, the speed start to be x2(for mouse) x x4 (for tablet) = x8-x10 - that's just the mathematics (or the physics), or physiology of a man - I don't know how to explain that! It's like an 'experience from many experiences': you know, that you know. But how to explain - you don't know!

In another words: Tab = Ctrl, Top1 = C, Top2 = V. And you are not tired (are less tired), because the fingers are like a bunch (always together).

Thanks for your question!

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter

Well ... I am probably not in the target demographic since my right hand already constantly sits on the left side of my keyboard, with the thumb always ready to press ctrl or alt and the little finger always near C and V :)

I am still not sure to understand how Tab could be used for that in your tool though, since the key already performs many useful actions that one wouldn't want to live without. Or perhaps your tool is completely removing the regular Tab key functionalities ? I feel like something is being lost in translation here.

• modelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    modelk polycounter lvl 4

Yeah, they might work as Tab, and as not Tab as one! If you just press it - it's a 'Tab' key. If you press and hold it - it's a 'Control' key.

And yes, you was right: Alt + Tab does not work for to switch the windows, if that script is enabled (the key issue). And I don't know how to solve that yet, because I'm not a programmer. The magic (or a bit of magic) happens, anyway!

Cool! Thanks!