Home Marmoset

Metals look dark, and how to make the lense look closer to glass?

node
Offline / Send Message
Ozwaar node

Hello. The metals look really unusual compared to Substance Painter. Any way to fix this? Some additional help on making the lens look more glass like, would also be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

what program and shader are you importing your Substance textures into?

a difference in shader and environment map will greatly alter the look of a texture from one package to another.

• Ozwaar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozwaar node

This is the package I'm using for import. I'm now using the Avenue Rundown skybox

• killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter

ok cool, well it's been a few years since i've worked in unreal, so i'll be on my way. i will say, i expect an editor like unreal will offer a selection of different shaders aimed at different platforms, like mobile, hd, etc. mentioning what specific shader you're using will be of benefit to you for those more familiar with the latest version of the editor in pointing you in the right direction. the shader used in game will determine the correct output template preset you should use to export its textures. and some shaders may require additional entities and project settings to appear correctly. 😉

oh, and at its most basic, glass is just a very transparent (and refractive) mirror, some shaders do it better than others.