Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[FINISHED] Shaman Cabin

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
simonBreumier greentooth

I've recently started a short project in UE5 using already made assets to focus mainly on composition and lighting without much modeling. The idea was to make a Shaman Cabin using mainly the free Quixel Medieval environment package and a few megascan props. The cabin is owned by a shaman living retired in the forest, protecting himself from spirits and performing rituals.

The idea was really to focus on composition and trying to make a render that could fit in a game with a realistic style.

Here's what I've done so far:

Next I'm planning to:

• add some nature detail on the terrain
  • make a few personal prop (totems to protect the house from evil spirits, and maybe a stone altar in the background right to add a secondary focus point)
  • add a reason to be for the orange lights on the cabin.
  • Damage those orange glowing stones a bit to make them less 3D.

Feedbacks are welcomed :)

Replies

• simonBreumier
    Offline / Send Message
    simonBreumier greentooth

I made a quick shrine stone, added some vegetation and details here and there and played with the post processing a bit:

Next, I'll add some other camera angles to push me to add details and storytelling elements and try to make this a portfolio piece.

I feel parts of the house like the ladder and the railing still feel a bit unatural and 3D, I wonder if it's because of my lighting, my set dressing or simply the asset. I'm also still not satisfied with the terrain feel so i might rework that a little. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't have made a terrian mesh manually to get more control on its mesh, rather than using UE5 terrain tool.

Also made a short video to showcase the atmosphere a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqNDfOXrCJs

Any feedback to help me making this better is welcomed :)

• simonBreumier
    Offline / Send Message
    simonBreumier greentooth

I made different camera angles and added details where needed:

I think I've learned what I wanted in UE5 with this project and happy with the composition (although still not really with the nature).

You can checkout the final project and high resolution renders on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JeW8VD