Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Goliath

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
atomking polycounter lvl 5

For more than a hundred days, the biggest battle in Europe since the end of the Second World War has been raging. Millions of people have lost their homes and many of them their lives because of the fighting. It is very difficult to imagine the feelings and sufferings of people who are going through this hell and have no alternative but to fight and win. I would like to dedicate this picture to all the brave people fighting this war with the aim of ending it as soon as possible. Let me end with a quote...

"The Shadow that bred them can only mock, it cannot make: not real new things of its own. I don't think it gave life to the Orcs, it only ruined them and twisted them; and if they are to live at all, they have to live like other living creatures."

J.R. Tolkien

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

I love your Tolkien quote.

As far as the piece goes. On first seeing the picture I missed the narrative. I cant see the girl is angry, I missed the slingshot she is holding, I missed the idea that she had something to do with the automaton's demise,... or not. Maybe play around with the composition.

• atomking
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    atomking polycounter lvl 5

Thanks for the comment. I don't want to sound defensive but I feel that most of the things you point out are good. I don't think you need to see everything at once and have it perfectly explained. On the contrary, I always enjoy it if the picture has layers so I can gradually explore new depths. This picture is about war, about victory over a much stronger enemy, it is a parable from the Bible. At the same time, the main motif is hope and the composition and the light are adapted to it.