Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP | Turkish Ice Cream & Coffee Cart - Portfolio Piece

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
melisac polycounter lvl 8

Hello all! My name is Melisa and I'm a junior environment artist! I'm looking to update my portfolio with a hero prop that reflects my abilities. To do this I've thought long and hard about what prop will showcase many skills, while still being a unique and not overly done prop. Thus, the Turkish cart of goodies was born! I mostly couldn't decide on whether I wanted to make a coffee stand, or an ice cream stand, and so I've decided on making a hybrid. This works as a prop for a character in a game I work on with my brother called "No More Flat Days".

Now on to the references!

...and a little sketch that helps me visualize further how I want to start my blockout!

My goal is to have this asset complete in 2 weeks! So stay tuned to see how it comes along, Comments and critiques are much appreciated :)

Replies

• melisac
    Offline / Send Message

Update on my block out! Next I will be doing a first pass on the fabric parts!

• melisac
    Offline / Send Message

Hello all! My update for today is some curtain blockouts! I'm liking the variety i've got in terms of some being wrapped around and some being knotted. I've searched the internet for some tutorials that show me how to tackle the tassels, but for now i've got no luck. Does anyone know a way I can easily get some tassels as seen in the reference? Im thinking if i can't figure this out I'll have to omit them and instead opt for a nice gold trim on the edges. :)

Up next I'm going to refine my blockout of the main body and take it into zbrush.

• melisac
    Offline / Send Message

Hello all! It's been a little while and I've had to take a step back from this project to take care of work related things, but i'm back at it again! I've done a pretty good zbrush pass over main chunks of the cart. Going to try and wrap up in zbrush this weekend and get a low poly started.

and here's some of the references I'm working with

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter

Lookin sick :)