Home Technical Talk

Whats the best software with a zsphere alternative?

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

Im hoping on finding an alternative to zbrush’s zsphere tool from a different 3d sculpting software.

Replies

• Noors
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter

That's a weirdly framed question. What if there was something completely different from Zspheres, but a lot better from what you ever imagined ?

Best to actually describe what you are trying to do and why.

Also ... what about Zbrush ?

• gorgo333

Im looking for an alternative sculpting software thats more affordable then zbrush. I have also heard that maxon has brought zbrush which im not entirely sure how that might go in the future.

Im also looking for a new 2 in 1 laptop, so im hoping to find something that i know 100% will work with pen compatibility for something like a surface pen or others.

And im hoping that another sculpting software has a dedicated base mesh building tool that i can quickly make an armature to build up on with further sculpting. Im not a fan of using seperate primitives, i prefer to almost draw in the 3D shape.

• pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter

Blender is totally free and has all the tools you need, especially with its incredibly useful remesh tool.

But if for some odd reason it's not good enough for your needs, then try Dust3D. It's a pain to use though.

I don't quite understand the Maxxon argument btw . Buy a permanent license, keep it forever, done ! As for the cost : while open source and free software is great, sometimes things come at a cost. A permanent Zbrush license will last you years ...

• Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter

It's good to start from the simplest choice and only go up from there if necessary.

So I'd start with blender since it is robust and totally free, and if after much use it seriously lacks something you need, then that great perpetual license for zbrush is still there. And you already know it works.