Home Marmoset

Marmoset Viewer Export Light Issue

Hi Everyone,

I am still new here, and also new to Marmoset.

I am trying to do a Marmoset viewer, but every time it showed "Area Light is not supported". (See Picture 1)

After I export the viewer with animation, there is only the default light.

Since I don't really need the animation, I removed the check mark for animation.

What happened appears in the 2nd picture, some light appeared, but the area light is still not working.

Can someone tell me how do I make my area light work in the Marmoset Viewer?

Thank you,

Replies

• EarthQuake

As the error states, area lights are not supported in Viewer, this means that shadow softening from the shape section of the light will be ignored.

It's important to note that only 3 shadow-casting lights are supported as well, it looks like you have 5 lights in your scene currently, so this may be the source of your problem. Try disabling the two least important lights.

For more information, check the Supported Features section here: https://marmoset.co/support/viewer/

• K_Scane
    Offline / Send Message
    K_Scane polycounter lvl 5

Hi - I have a similar issue.. when I export a scene without my character animations it looks as expected, then when I check "export animations" it seems all my orange and blue tint lights disappear in the marmoset viewer file (I have three spot lights on my scene) There wasn't anything on supported features that I could see that explained it, is there a file size limit or something? I've been trying to figure it out for ages! (Any suggestions really appreciated)

• EarthQuake

Thanks for the report. Please email support@marmoset.co with a description of the problem and a copy of the scene. You can go to file -> export -> scene bundle and zip up the .tbscene file and /assets/ folder.