Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Mech Model

Hi!! This is my first time posting here on Polycount!

I'm currently working on a homework assignment and was hoping to get some feedback. This is a kit bashed concept of a mecha , using 85% kit bashed work with some paint over for the concept, and 100% modeled by me. Any feedback is more than welcome and appreciated!!!

Here is the kitbashed reference sheet:

here is the most updated version of my model:

and here is a video of it at a previous stage in the modeling to get an idea of scale.

Texturing is planned to be done with tilables and trim sheets for the most part, hopefully with minimal high-to-low poly but its not outside of consideration.

Thanks!!

Replies

• K_Olson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hey all! here's some progress I've made and a small paintover after some feedback from classmates

:) any feedback is welcome!!

• K_Olson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Here's some more progress so far. It's coming along smoothly though I wish I could work faster ;w;

Worked on adjusting design as well as detailing in the more neglected areas. I also began the block in phase of the gun!

• K_Olson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Here's some more progress! any feedback would be great :) started in on the gun, I'm liking it so far

• Sequence
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sequence triangle

Great concept! It's pretty specific, but the design reminds me of the Centaurions from Final Fantasy XIII.

The mech seems a bit top heavy though - the upper half looks pretty bulky compared to the reference sheet. I think the head should be smaller, the torso a little taller, and the shoulders pushed into the body more. This could also just be personal preference so I'll leave it up to you.

Looking forward to the final result!