Homeβ€Ί 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Ego Predator] 3D Art WIP ( Face Modelling Phase )

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
BohSheh polycounter lvl 9

Purpose of this thread is to share my progress , idea , and most importantly keeping myself MOTIVATED throughout the progress . I will be updating at least once a week. Feel free to comment πŸ˜€

I am making a game character for my indie project . Currently my small little goal is to achieve believable real time facial in UE4/5 (hello uncanny valley). I dont really do much face modelling , so I am going to take my time polish it until I can nail almost every aspect . Thats my goal .

Design ( Face OK , Hair might tweak a little , Costume still WIP )

Reference : Meisa Kuroki ( She has the expression that fits well with the concept , will do some tweaking besides Eyes & Nose & Cheek )

WIP(28/2/2023)

Replies

• BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

27/1/2022

Started painting temporary texture to grasp the overall look with and without make up . I am polishing both temporary texture and sculpt simultaneously until I am satisfied with the overall form and expression . Then I will start doing higher level detail .

• BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

3/2/2022

Did some tweaking

• BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

17/2/2022

-Got most of the proportion as close as the original sketch after 14th attempt based on the comparison . It will look much better with completed textures and shaders.

-From now on I will be focusing on getting the anatomy right on different angle , then move on to retopology and macro-detail

• BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

3/3/2022

-Did some tweaking to the anatomy. Will start doing retopology and tweak the anatomy along the way . ( Thanks @carvuliero for some great feedback! )

• BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

2/5/2022

-I had done some quick lookdev in UE4 for the past 2 month . Finally got the result I am aiming for after numerous trial and error .

-Current lookdev uses default lighting setup and shader from Epic Game`s DigitalHuman project. Skin texture are projected from TextureXYZ Vface.

• BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

5/8/2022

-Minor tweaking on the highpoly model , done some research on facial makeup.

-Redo the hair design to give her a much dominant look.

*Tips and Tricks*

-Turning off Unreal Tonemapper will produce a much realistic skin tone . Open the console and insert "r.TonemapperFilm 0"

-Include Skylight into the scene as a quick and dirty way to generate natural looking indirect lighting . Personally find that DaylightAmbientCubemap with Intensity 0.45 will produce a nice and cool indirect lighting .

• BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

28/2/2023

Its been awhile since any update!

-Hair design done

-Rough sculpt done ( The hair is much longer compare to the sketch , but after going through various references , she still look better with medium bob)

-Currently making groom with XGen