Home Unity

I have scene that hard to manage is there some way I can it make it faster in EditorViewport?

decorix
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
decorix polycounter lvl 11

Hi,

I have scene that hard to manage is there some way I can it make it faster in EditorViewport?

Like you have in unreal like low settings or unlit. Thanks

Replies

• Finnn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finnn greentooth

No Unity doesnt has viewport graphic settings afaik, but you can always enable/disable game objects in your hierarchy. That way you might be able to reduce the performance issues in your viewport. Unity only has quality settings for your build, meaning different graphic settings are applied to your build which can also be used for example in a game menu to change the graphic settings.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-QualitySettings.html

Generally I suggest that you figure out what causes your performance issues, because if it doesnt run well on your machine the chance might be high that many people that want to play your game will experience similar issues. The "profiler" shows you what in your scenes has a high performance impact. But its probably easiest to do some trial and error by disabling stuff to see what has an usual high impact.

How to open the profiler:

Also, check your game view (on the top right you can open a stats window). Post it here :)

• Finnn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finnn greentooth

You could also check if you have post processing enabled, it might impact your viewport aswell. It should only be applied to the game view though, but I am not sure right now. If you use beautify, you can run into performance issues, because its not very optimized if not set up carefully. I usually just use the default post processing package which basically has the same stuff available.