Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Realtime Character] Tara - The cyberpunk fighter

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Anderson_Belém polycounter lvl 3
This is my first attempt to make a real-time model, this project cost me so much time and I was working on this in my spare time for a couple of months. Please, check what I achieve till now below!  :3

Replies

• jStins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    No images are showing up!
  • Anderson_Belém
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As my first try to achieve a realistic real-time game character, took me months to get to anatomy that's isn't weird, below you can see some checkups that I did in the body process.

After the body and head sculped I started the clothes in Marvelous Designer - never used before, took me 1 month to get the feeling of the program-.

After a first blockout I painted a rough sketch to get the clothes ideas and the glove start point 

• Anderson_Belém
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins said:
    No images are showing up!
    Thks, I reupload the images! 

• Anderson_Belém
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After 1 month of testing and learning Marvelous, I can come up with these garments! - I was very proud, I thought that will be hard to achieve some quality with my skills - 

So now I was doing the glove and sketch to get a direction on this.

Doing hard surfaces in Zbrush can be pretty rough, after some studies I reach a simple workflow for Tara's gloves 

Extract of the glove a plate, cut with slice curve the polygroups needed and extrude using panel loops, so a reach this result as the first blockout:

the cables are from a free IMM on Artstation marketplace, the screw and plates connections are from a standard brush from Zbrush.
    After all, I did the boots blockout - I was trying to get more military look to them- and refine the clothes to match perfectly in the model

This week I'll make a post showing the steps to make her side bag that I've used 
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Al-round as a first attempt at ^everything* you're definitely kicking goals...after just a few weeks working up a personalized workflow using these apps, indeed really impressive so I'd assume there's a traditional background driving this project due in part too those anatomical studies upthread B) despite I think a couple of things that might need adjusting, proportionally - lower leg and arms seem slightly off. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing further progress plus perhaps learn a thing or two, especially since you've graciously thought too document each step of the process, which is nice.

:Subscribed:
  • Anderson_Belém
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi said:
    Al-round as a first attempt at ^everything* you're definitely kicking goals...after just a few weeks working up a personalized workflow using these apps, indeed really impressive so I'd assume there's a traditional background driving this project due in part too those anatomical studies upthread B) despite I think a couple of things that might need adjusting, proportionally - lower leg and arms seem slightly off. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing further progress plus perhaps learn a thing or two, especially since you've graciously thought too document each step of the process, which is nice.

:Subscribed:
    Thanks for the feedback! :3 I spend months just doing the anatomy of this project - usually, I just did quick small studies of body parts. This is my first time doing a female body from scratch (and I think I'm very slow to sculpt, maybe a little "perfectionist" I guess? :# ). Thanks for the comment I'll provide more details as the project progress! 
  • Anderson_Belém
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In the past week, I worked in Tara's side bag. I started blocking out the bigger shape to use as base in Marvelous Designer to construct the bag

First did an auto group based on uvs and after that, I used the panel loops to give thickness to the bag inside Zbrush.  ( going through Geometry> Edge Loop, Panel Loop)

Adding details and a little bit of zmodeler to crease and build a clean shape, I came to this:

I used IMM brush in belts and zípers - to do that with control of the shape I creased the middle edge and made frame mesh(Stroke > Curve function > Frame Mesh with crease edge selected), moving forward using the IMM brush in the edge framed I had control to adjust better the shape of belts and the zíper either, the connections are just rings with a tweak in the form

• Anderson_Belém
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moving forward to the boots I came with this design and refine it. I was looking for heavy leather boots since she was a fighter. Summary I extract the boots from the leg/feet and add thickness with panel loops, next I just sculpt the details and smooth a little to break the specular a bit.