Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Imm custom curve

Hello does anyone know how I can achieve this look with an IMM curve? I'd like to learn how to make it from scratch so that I can make my own custom curves.
Edit: if the photo is not showing here's the exact link.
https://flippednormals.com/downloads/curly-hair-strands-imm-curve-brush/

Thanks

Replies

• sprunghunt
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    poliollia said:
    Hello does anyone know how I can achieve this look with an IMM curve? I'd like to learn how to make it from scratch so that I can make my own custom curves.
    Thanks
    There's no picture to show what you mean
  • poliollia
    poliollia said:
    Thanks
    Oh really? I can see the photo twice now, how about now: 
  • sprunghunt
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    Thanks
    That's pretty easy to make - you create a spiral shape and then turn it into an IMM brush - getting it to taper is a curve modifier
  • poliollia
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    Thanks
    That's pretty easy to make - you create a spiral shape and then turn it into an IMM brush - getting it to taper is a curve modifier
    Would you make the spiral shape directly in Zbrush or another program such as Maya or Blender etc?
  • sprunghunt
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    Thanks
    Would you make the spiral shape directly in Zbrush or another program such as Maya or Blender etc?
    you could make it in zbrush. But if you made it in blender or maya you could make better UVs for it. It depends if you want to be able to texture it later. 
  • poliollia
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    Thanks
    you could make it in zbrush. But if you made it in blender or maya you could make better UVs for it. It depends if you want to be able to texture it later. 
    This is the best I could come up with, hopefully, I can work with these in Zbrush! 
  • sprunghunt
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    Thanks
    This is the best I could come up with, hopefully, I can work with these in Zbrush! 
    no don't make the spiral curved. Make it straight and only have a few turns. Zbrush will repeat it and curve it.
  • poliollia
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    poliollia said:
    Thanks
    no don't make the spiral curved. Make it straight and only have a few turns. Zbrush will repeat it and curve it.
    I should have specified that the curve and iterations are just a modifier and replicating the reference that I was trying to remake, The curve is a modifier I can easily turn off, but thanks for the pointer.