Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bust WIP Feedback?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
crank__ polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone, I'm looking for some critique on this character head I've been sculpting. The detailing isn't quite finished but I wanted to get some general feedback on it before I put in those last touches because I feel like there are likely places I could make major improvements. Advice on further skin texturing would also be awesome!

This is my first time posting on polycount so please let me know if there are any egregious formatting errors here. 

Replies

• Crazy_pixel
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Hey hey,
    Could you share your reference?

• crank__
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey hey,
    Could you share your reference?

Yeah, here's my reference board. I've been pulling from a few different faces for various features of the character. There's also a quick sketch I did to get the initial shape idea down but I've deviated from that a bit.

• Phoenix995
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 interpolator
    It looks great for what it is!
    its very hard to critique something where you don't have a 100% reference that you try to make a 3d version out of.
    So what i would say would be the best is, get a ref, maybe in the same dishonored kind of look of your sculpt above and try to copy it as good as you can. Than it would be easy to critique and for you easy to see where your weaknesses are and where you need to improve!
    but overall the sculpt looks good :) great job!
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    There are million more stuff but who care and I run out of space to draw/type

• crank__
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks great for what it is!
    its very hard to critique something where you don't have a 100% reference that you try to make a 3d version out of.
    So what i would say would be the best is, get a ref, maybe in the same dishonored kind of look of your sculpt above and try to copy it as good as you can. Than it would be easy to critique and for you easy to see where your weaknesses are and where you need to improve!
    but overall the sculpt looks good :) great job!
    Thank you! I understand what you're saying and in the future I'll certainly be doing more 1:1 character and anatomy studies, but for this particular project I was aiming to create an original character and this referencing method is just what I came up with. 
  • crank__
    Offline / Send Message
    There are million more stuff but who care and I run out of space to draw/type

Oh wow this is awesome! Lots of stuff I never would have noticed myself, thanks a ton for putting in the time to give such detailed feedback, I appreciate it.
    I'll post an updated version of the model in this thread when it's finished.