Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Farm Landscape

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Aizen polycounter lvl 2
This is my final render after finishing chapter 5 of Rob Tuytel's course on creating environments.

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I think the composition is nicely done on this. I feel like the lighting is throwing it off a bit, though. It sort of feels like a scene out of ARMA, where the lighting is very uniform, bright and bloomed out. Looking at the dark shadows on the trees, and the ones they are casting, I'd expect a much darker shadow on the unlit side of the home. Right now it's pretty uniform and lacking in contrast. 

The grass is also very fluffy and uniform looking, which comes off looking more like cotton than vegetation to me (especially past the house, where it sort of just looks like paint strokes). The distribution of the cat tail plants also feels very uniform, like equal spaced. In nature, things tend to clump up more. Three or three here, one there, then five, etc. 

The scene has promise, though. I think a few small tweaks can help it shine.
  • Aizen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aizen polycounter lvl 2
    I think the composition is nicely done on this. I feel like the lighting is throwing it off a bit, though. It sort of feels like a scene out of ARMA, where the lighting is very uniform, bright and bloomed out. Looking at the dark shadows on the trees, and the ones they are casting, I'd expect a much darker shadow on the unlit side of the home. Right now it's pretty uniform and lacking in contrast. 

The grass is also very fluffy and uniform looking, which comes off looking more like cotton than vegetation to me (especially past the house, where it sort of just looks like paint strokes). The distribution of the cat tail plants also feels very uniform, like equal spaced. In nature, things tend to clump up more. Three or three here, one there, then five, etc. 

The scene has promise, though. I think a few small tweaks can help it shine.
    Thank you so much for the in-depth critique!