Home Adobe Substance

Height blend in Sampler

gnoop
polycounter
Offline / Send Message
gnoop polycounter

Why when I am using  height blend + paintable mask      in Sampler  I get this sudden  height cliff  ?      . 

My guess the paintable  part of a mask should multiply or add on one of two layers height .     When I do same kind of depth blend  in Affinity photo  or even Photoshop  there are never such artifacts.    

I tried smooth and blur slider but they help with nothing.   The only thing that smooth that sudden cliffs  is lesser mask contrast but it makes it look like just usual feather unrelated to actual height.

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    is there a way to figure out actual blending math in Sampler  and fix it somehow?
    We use parallax shader and it looks very wrong with this sudden height cliffs/falls . 
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Hey . Does anybody know if  Adobe fixed that issue?    I am out of trial .    Imo it makes the whole idea of mixing materials  useless   If I can't get proper height and normal  channels out of mixing.  

Also I wonder if they are using smart transform node  from SD or simlilar thing  to  shift  materials?  I have a suspicion they are not and rather usual 2d transform that makes evrything blurrier  after each move.