Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Been trying to up my face game with some studies, any feedback or recomendation??

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Proyecto Tejon polycounter lvl 6
hi, ive been working on some face studies, and most of them look kinda ok, but off for some reason, (this one is a bit stylized) if anyone has some feedback, that would be great, i just plugged some hair i made for a character some time ago, for presentation purposes

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Does this suffice ?
  • Proyecto Tejon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does this suffice ?
    That's a big help, will try to dissect the many small movements you did to correct the forms.
    i see some of them conform better to the skull, like the forehead, brow, jaw, position of the eye, the definition of the cygomatic, ears. nose.
    Is there a particular reason the nostrils are smaller? the orbital fat goes up a little bit? and the position of the transition if the nose/mouth is a bit forward?
    Thanks a lot
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    I guess nostrils got smaller as I moved them around ,actually her eyes are not in the middle of the face and there is too much space between eye and eyebrow so I tried to kill 2 bird  with 1 stone by moving eyes , the real problem is eyebrow its way to high on her forehead .That will depends on the person but usually on pretty girls if you draw a line from tip of the nose to high point of the chin lower lip with touch this line + you want to account for the teeth cylinder .Will be wise to spend some time learning form/planes of nose and ears also face without a underchin plane looks like a mask so take some time to investigate this area of the face as well

• Proyecto Tejon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess nostrils got smaller as I moved them around ,actually her eyes are not in the middle of the face and there is too much space between eye and eyebrow so I tried to kill 2 bird  with 1 stone by moving eyes , the real problem is eyebrow its way to high on her forehead .That will depends on the person but usually on pretty girls if you draw a line from tip of the nose to high point of the chin lower lip with touch this line + you want to account for the teeth cylinder .Will be wise to spend some time learning form/planes of nose and ears also face without a underchin plane looks like a mask so take some time to investigate this area of the face as well

Thanks a lot, that helped quite a bit.
  • JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    what kind of reference do you use when you do these studies? for studying faces it´s really nice to use the split screen feature in zbrush and load a scanned head to the other screen to use as reference. But don´t just copy, pay attention to what´s going on.
    Also the inside of your ears look kind of swollen, might spend more time on the next time 
  • Proyecto Tejon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what kind of reference do you use when you do these studies? for studying faces it´s really nice to use the split screen feature in zbrush and load a scanned head to the other screen to use as reference. But don´t just copy, pay attention to what´s going on.
    Also the inside of your ears look kind of swollen, might spend more time on the next time 
    there was no exact reference, used a few faces, not trying to replicate exact features in particular but trying to follow certain general forms; never really though of using scans as reference in splitscreen, will give it a try, usually just use puref on top... and yeah i agree i got a bit lazy in the ears and made something just to give it some ears but definitely will sculpt a good set of ears to add them if im feeling lazy again lol...