Home Technical Talk

VRay Maya - Is there a way to export the RGB Color Channel as an animation sequence output?

ninthtale
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
ninthtale polycounter lvl 7
The render I want to composite is as seen in the VFB window:
rMaya - VRay - Is there a way to export the RGB Color Channel as a sequence output

But the effectsResult file has a much stronger glare, and isn't at all what I'm wanting the image to look like:
rMaya - VRay - Is there a way to export the RGB Color Channel as a sequence output

The glare effect file is gigantic in comparison to the RGB Color channel:

Is there any way to include the RGB Color Channel as one of the exported files when rendering a sequence? To clarify, I'm talking about an automatic export of the RGB Color channel during an animation sequence render, not about manually exporting the current channel. 

Thank you!

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    Are you saving PNG or EXR files? Cause PNG should bake in the glare.
  • ninthtale
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ninthtale polycounter lvl 7
    I've been saving in PNG, but VRay saves several files for several channels, and for some reason I can't find the setting that would save the RGB Color channel separately. It saves a pre-process, the denoiser, the glare, and the effectsResult, but there doesn't seem to be a way to save that one separately, as well..

And at any rate, do you know why the glare in the effectsResult looks different from the RGB Color channel in the first place?
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    There are to much unknown elements. You should ask on the official chaos forum.