Home Technical Talk

Which Graphics card is best NVIDIA Quadro vs GeForce?

cturbo
node
Offline / Send Message
cturbo node
I am trying to find out which gfx card I should purchase if I am using it for 3d modeling in both games and film. I

I was told by sales team from both Nvidia and HP to buy Quadro as it is used by professionals in the industry who model in 3d and gforce is for gamers who only play games but don't make them. I was told by marmoset that you should get gforce card and don't need a quadro card as its for big industries that do a lot of output.

I have been looking at quadro 5000 or the gforce 3080, but i am still unsure on which one has the best overall quality and performance. I want a gfx card that will last for several years and be powerful enough to use in heavy scenes with no restrictions, and can be used in all latest and upcoming future applications, including unreal 5 and marmoset 4 and maya. I don't want something that will be slow and obsolete in the next few years as they are really expensive!

I also read that CPU is important and need high core counts and high core-clocks, but not sure on which one to get?

It would be great to hear back on any recommendations and to share some of their experiences on graphics cards and CPU's. :)

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quadro is not for more output, it's designed for CAD workflows. Gaming GPUs are the right choice for 3d artists.

Please see the sticky up above, in this same forum section.

• cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Thank you! What gfx card and cpu model would you choose today?
  • corymeyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    corymeyer polycounter lvl 6
    Quadro is slower than Geforce because it's optimized for precision rather than speed. The focus on precision is why Quadro is for CAD work.

• cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Yeah, I think the sales team at HP and Nvidia just tried to sell the expensive quadro card I don't actually need. So would you say NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 is the best one or another model?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    See the sticky for good info on GPUs, etc.
  • Thanez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanez interpolator
    This has been answered above, but I have hands on experience with both, so thought you might appreciate the input. I've got a quadro on my workstation for CAD and a geforce on my gaming/modeling computer. They're the same gen and both the second highest tier of their gen.
    The quadro beats the geforce in two things only: Drawing a shitload of tiny geometry (precision), and drawing edge lines on models. If I throw any complex shaders or high texture sizes at it, it reminds me why I don't have a quadro on my gaming computer.
    I use quadro for CAD and geforce for MAX/gaming.
  • janoshx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    janoshx polycounter lvl 6
    I have 3090 in one machine and Titan RTX in other. Both are really nice but most what I like is the 24G ram with substance painter. 3090 is faster than titan rtx but not that much. In general gaming work i would be totally happy with 2080ti or even with 1080ti. You really have to have pretty darn complex mesh to choke them when doing 3D modeling and when it happens you just have too much polys. I would not spend any money for Quadro unless i know that i really need it for some amazingly heavy CAD work
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    For realtime work the gaming cards will be plenty and probably preferable in most cases (VRAM being the obvious downside).

Just don't mention film to a sales rep if you want to get affordable recommendations - that business seems to run on an entirely different tier of computers and budgets, not consumer friendly.
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Thanks for everyone's comments, I really appreciate it, and I think I will be getting the 3090. I am now deciding on which CPU to get, so if you have any hands on experience with those then I would love to hear your thoughts on that. :)
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    It says on the link Eric kindly sent over:
     -The better a CPUs single threaded performance, the better it'll be for physics simulation & most modeling tasks/tools.
     -The better a CPUs multi-threaded performance, the better it'll be for rendering/baking/multitasking.

Which would you choose multi-thread or single thread CPU?
  • FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    The thing is, all CPUs themselves are capable for both multi- and single-threaded tasks, lol. But seriously, Intel usually has better single-core/single-thread max performance clock speeds than AMD's counterparts. AMD's CPUs are still recommended for creative work, due to their better multi-threaded performance.
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    The new AMDs have a extremely good singlecore performance. Just take one of those and you are fine. 

My next CPU will be a Ryzen 5950X. 

• Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    That gap has closed though
    AMD’s Zen 3 CPUs are here—we test the blistering-fast 5900X and 5950X | Ars Technica

Intel are still competitive at single core performance but if you want the best desktop CPU these days it's likely going to be a Ryzen which nets you good single and multi core performance. All hardware is a bit pricey these days though.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that the best thing to do when you're not sure, is to check is what software the machine will be using and then check their recommended hardware. Since they'll know all about providing you the best experience. So as an example, if you know you'll be developing in Unreal for example, check this page Hardware and Software Specifications | Unreal Engine Documentation and if you aren't sure what some of the jargon means, do a quick Google (but don't get lost in the details).

Unless you're doing something very specific that requires a lot of computing power, then I'd just pick the latest gen technology at a bang-for-buck price. On midrange hardware you'll likely have no problems modelling, organising your scene, texturing the majority of assets. Who cares if you wait an extra 30 seconds of your day for that normal map to bake? This is just a good excuse for a tea break :)

Last thing to note, there's a silicon shortage going on at the moment. All PC hardware prices have skyrocketed. If you can put off buying anything for the next year or so you'll hopefully get better hardware for less than it's currently available at. These days it's lucky if you get into a queue to buy hardware, or get anything at MSRP.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    if you're intending to do any actual work the CPU you buy will have at least 6 cores/12 threads so there's no choice to make between single and multi-core CPUs 

I've got a 10900k and a 5950x on the desk in front of me and in practical terms there's sod all difference between them unless you're doing something intensive and heavily threaded like building code and you only really see a notable difference when the process takes more than about half an hour.

• cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Thanks again ALL for sharing your experience and  recommendations. I have been mulling over which cpu to buy for ages, as I am no tech expert. I will check out the 5950x;  it sounds like it's the most popular CPU. I will also wait for prices to drop as recommended, as I noticed a lot of suppliers are out of stock on both gfx card and CPU (I thought it might have been due to covid, and wouldn't have know it's because of silicon shortage). So just to confirm if I was to get GeForce RTX 3090 and the 5950x, that should be sufficient enough to do most things for games and film that has big high poly scenes and 8k textures and vfx simulations? :)
  • Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    Yes and it'll be overkill for most things, if you're happy to hear that. Also if you're also doing lots of simulations make sure to get a decent amount of RAM, possibly upwards of 64GB. If you're getting a Ryzen 5000 series, I'd recommend making sure this RAM is 3600Mhz (but no higher) to make use of their InfinityFabric. Then in BIOS remember to enable XMP.

It's really up to you how much money you have and how far you want to take this. For example, I don't do much simulation work so I'm very happy saving the money and getting a weaker CPU and 16GB of RAM. My GPU is a 1080Ti which is top of the line, and I've pushed it a lot since I have an Ultrawide (lots of pixels), but if I had a 1920x1080 HD screen it'd be a waste. When I next do an upgrade I'll be looking at midrange components, price is the biggest reason but also my new preference is to align myself with the vast majority of gamers for no other reason than I can test my projects on relevant hardware i.e. widely available hardware.

If you're literally just starting out I'd try and veer more towards the budget end.
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Awesome, that is what I wanted to hear! I have experience using the 3d applications, and I have an imac which is why i am changing to pc because it crashes when I use marmoset 4 raytracing because it's not compatible; I also noticed my imac crashed when I did ocean simulations in Maya even though I had enough ram. It's just nice to know that if I ever do create simulations or using raytracing, I won't fear of the machine crashing and it will be compatible with future releases without having to worry about upgrading. I will definitely buy enough ram that's for sure. Do you know what pc screens are worth buying as well? I guess the reason why I like imac was because of the screen resolution, but i realise now why people use PC instead, because it can be upgraded and cheaper.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unless you already know for sure  you need a 3090 you don't need a 3090 - what exactly is it you'll do that requires 24gb of GPU memory? 
    The same goes for the 5950x - what will you do that can take advantage of 32 threads ? 

5800/5900 and a 3080 will get you 90%+ of the performance for (at RRP) 50-60% of the cost leaving you able to buy more ram, faster disks, higher quality motherboard etc.

a 5600 and a 3070 would suit the majority of game art enthusiasts  just fine if they're not using the machine to make a living. 

Monitors - Dell ultrasharp 27" 4k screens if you have £800ish - that's about as good as they get in terms of colour reproduction before you start spending real money
     if not the LG 27" 4k HDR panels are pretty good at around £400 - you get adequate sRGB coverage and they seem to last.

• cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Well, I am studying games art and plan to be a working professional in the field, but I hope to work in film as well. I will check out the 5800/5900 and a 3080 though. I guess my fear was that if I was to purchase low to midrange then it won't be long before they need to be upgraded to keep up with future software requirements. I want something that will last for years. 
  • Commiesaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Commiesaur triangle
    Spending half the money on a mid-range rig now and the other half to upgrade to the new midrange in 2 years will pretty much always last many more years than going all out on top of the line hardware. PC's are designed to have the parts swapped in and out.
  • Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    I agree with what poopipe and Commisaur said.

Future proofing is a myth. Generational leaps are where most of your performance comes from. Just compare similar models from 2 generations apart and you'll see how big these improvements are.

When you've got your CPU/RAM you'll likely not upgrade these for many years, but your GPU no matter which one you purchase today will typically be "outdated" within 2-3 years. I put that in quotes because it's not like it won't still be good, it'll just be lacking small features or improvements that make their successors better. CPU's don't change nearly as much.
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Yeah, I understand. I'll have a look at the 5800/5900 and a 3080, if it will last for many years and save me £ then that's even better.
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    With all that talk about which card is better   are you having a choice ?     Couldn't find a videocard  in sane price range for more than 3 months already.       Are you guys know places where they are?
  • Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    gnoop said:
    With all that talk about which card is better   are you having a choice ?     Couldn't find a videocard  in sane price range for more than 3 months already.       Are you guys know places where they are?
    Nope! I mentioned a few comments up that there's a silicon shortage going on. Prices are absolutely ridiculous. I could probably fetch near MSRP price for my 4 year old 1080Ti.

Common advice at the moment, or so I've heard so far, is to buy a pre-built PC that has the GPU you want then take it out and put it in your main rig then sell the PC it came in. I haven't looked at the numbers yet since I'm not currently in the market (because of the shortage) so I can't say I endorse this, it's also a risk/hassle to deal with selling a machine too.
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    I feel all this is just like the memory situation, someone's doing it on purpose to inflate prices and halt advancements.  I'll just point out one situation and i am not saying they are doing it on purpose it just seems awfully weird to me even after my recent piece and discovery.  
    Toolbag + unreal just so happen to have transparency issues ... (my thoughts they are trying to achieve something 1st and purposefully created those situations, lock outs.)  (or positive thoughts they are being nice and allowing others to figure things out and get some lime light before destroying them.)
    Obviously could be wrong but someone on the outside looking in's view on the situation. (Again could be TOTAL coincidence)

Now let's look at these gfx issues, was totally fine at one point and now suddenly(with this cv.bs) we can't get much of anything.  Only private businesses are closed/forcefully removed and now everyone is "locked" into the controlling businesses.  (They are pushing self check out pretty hard aren't they ? you can probably see that yourselves easily enough.) 
    At the same time it just so happens they have a solution to this issue, built in GPU's now... (oh look a new market just appeared out of know where, or did they make it happen...)
    Idk but i been seeing a lot of moves that are pushing the herd in certain directions, like these delivery situations, anyone seen them yet? Driver-less delivery vehicles?

Every one stay at home now we got you covered!  Remember sleep with your mask on.

Sry for the not so off-topic discussion.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you should probably spend less time thinking about it - whatever it is, it is almost never a conspiracy, particularly when it does nothing to benefit the alleged conspirator

occam's razor etc.
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Hey guys Im back!! Another billion dollar question .... Should I buy the RTX 3080 10gb card or the RTX 3080 TI 12gb??? Ones more expensive than the other, but i'm willing to spend more if the RTX 3080 TI 12gb makes much more of a difference and a safer purchase. I heard 8gb is the minimum requirements for marmoset 4 and unreal 4, but I don't know if unreal 5 will require more Gb; so if that's the case would I be better off buying the 3080TI 12Gb or even the RTX 3090?
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Oh, another question, do you guys know which motherboards are best? I want one that is more future proof and takes at least 12 or 16 cores.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There's 101 YouTube channels that'll answer your questions.

No motherboard is future proof. we get new sockets from both amd and Intel in the next generation.
    Just buy one of the lower high-end gaming boards so you get decent power delivery.

The 3070 ti is a much more interesting prospect than the 3080ti

If you're determined to spend all your money for no reason I recommend one of those £2000 water cooled extreme  overclocking motherboards, a pair of  water cooled 3090s in sli, an 11900k and some 5000mhz ram.  That should guarantee both maximum disappointment and maximum expenditure.

• Commiesaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Commiesaur triangle
    8gb of Ram is the minimum requirement, which is just your normal Ram that you'll probably be putting in 2x 8gb or 2x 16gb or something along those lines. The graphics cards specifically have video memory which is in addition to this and separate from those min reqs. More video ram can help with rendering times but not a huge difference unless you're planning to go super heavy on work with rendering out shorts/film animations, and even than the CPU strength is more important. Maybe if you're planning to go deep on texturing for film w/Mari it's worth the higher model now, but if you're planning to focus on Substance Suite/Quixel a 3080 is already pretty damn strong.

For motherboard the most important is that it's compatible with the CPU you'll get. So if you're looking at an AMD 5800 you'll want an X570 or B550 most likely. If you were looking at Intel CPUs would be a completely different set.
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Thanks again poopipe and commiesaur. I understand, ill get a cheap motherboard which is compatible with the cpu and  ill look into the higher model and compare prices with the 3070ti. I would like to have the option to texture in Mari and render shorts for film.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no, don't buy a cheap motherboard 
    You need something with robust power delivery if you're going to work with a big fat GPU it 8-9 hours a day - somewhere between 200-300 uk is where you want to be looking. all the big manufacturers have something in that range. 

the main thing is that you dont need to spend extra on boards that support multi-GPU or have shit-loads of PCIe lanes because you'll never use them 

• Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    Poopipe is right, though 200GBP is close to the limit I'd go to on a motherboard, the cheapest I ever bought was 50 quid and it was decent enough at the time.

To be honest I think you're overthinking it a lot. You can create good art on crap hardware and there's an art to that. It helps you appreciate optimisation and even on better hardware you'll be happy you learnt this, this applies to film production too, when your renders complete in half the time because you knew to tweak a specific value.

Lastly you mention you're studying. If you're a student and this money is from a loan or grant, tread very very carefully. At first it feels like a good windfall and you buy super expensive components but it'll quickly disappear. I've seen this happen before and always leads to some embarrassment.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    i have a 1060 and i can create any art game art i want. If i really had to make a AAA hero character or environment scene no question my hardware can do that.  i might not be able to make a scene that could appear in the next uncharted, but i can fill a scene with twice as much crap and my computer can take it.

if i look at the latest and greatest stuff on artstation i dont fear at all my hardware is holding me back from copying even in the next couple years. consumer culture is pervasive and for some reason people love to eat it up. You need to treat your money like your girlfriend - people look at her with lust in their eyes you got to attack them like a rabid bulldog. stay the fuck away from my money i'll make art with sticks and rocks.

• cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    I'm looking at mag x570 tomahawk wifi (amd am4) ddr4 x570 atx motherboard as it comes with the pc they sell in novatech. I am overthinking; i usually use macs and just plug and play, and never had to think about building my own PC. I just spoke to the sales guy and he recommends 3090 graphics card because of the vram and said the 3080 is just for playing games  'I could pull my hair out' aaahhhh. Is 3090 a shit investment or not, or should I stick with 3080ti?

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    3090 is the way to go if you can afford it. If you're needing to make significant sacrifices in other areas of your build though in order to get it (such as CPU or RAM) then it's not worth it.
  • janoshx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    janoshx polycounter lvl 6
    cturbo said:
    I'm looking at mag x570 tomahawk wifi (amd am4) ddr4 x570 atx motherboard as it comes with the pc they sell in novatech. I am overthinking; i usually use macs and just plug and play, and never had to think about building my own PC. I just spoke to the sales guy and he recommends 3090 graphics card because of the vram and said the 3080 is just for playing games  'I could pull my hair out' aaahhhh. Is 3090 a shit investment or not, or should I stick with 3080ti?

What is wrong with the mac? I am using macbook pro 2013 a lot for maya work. This one has Nvidia 750M gpu and it can handle pretty heavy scene in maya.... I can use substance painter as well but not for large textures. I do my heavy lifting with powerful PC
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Thanks guys!! Yeah, just been looking at the 3090 in 3d applications, it looks awesome. Mac is very good and mine is 2014, but I noticed when using marmoset 4 it does not support raytracing and I can't upgrade it. When I compared the price of a mac to the pc, it made sense why the industry uses pcs. With mac I could spend £3k and it still won't be as powerful as the PC, plus they are less future proof and not easy to upgrade. Mac and PC are essentially the same, both use the same parts, but just a different operating system, however mac deliberately make it difficult for the consumer to upgrade which forces them to buy a new machine.

Do you know if ryzen 7 5800x will be sufficient enough for the 3090?
  • Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    cturbo said:
    Thanks guys!! Yeah, just been looking at the 3090 in 3d applications, it looks awesome. Mac is very good and mine is 2014, but I noticed when using marmoset 4 it does not support raytracing and I can't upgrade it. When I compared the price of a mac to the pc, it made sense why the industry uses pcs. With mac I could spend £3k and it still won't be as powerful as the PC, plus they are less future proof and not easy to upgrade. Mac and PC are essentially the same, both use the same parts, but just a different operating system, however mac deliberately make it difficult for the consumer to upgrade which forces them to buy a new machine.

Do you know if ryzen 7 5800x will be sufficient enough for the 3090?
    No you need 3 nuclear submarine's to pair with the 3090.

Yes the 5800x is enough, more than enough. There will always be a bottle neck, else we'd have unlimited resource. There is no such thing as "future proofing", else we'd not need to RnD new hardware.

Without knowing exactly 100% of what you're doing, it's hard to make proper recommendations. It sounds simple when you say Film editing, modelling, simulations, texturing etc. but these disciplines are very broad stretching across a variety of software that each does it's own thing.

I was trying to err you to be cautious with your money since it sounds like you're not a professional yet and you're just studying. However, it does seem that you're willing to spend thousands with no deterrent, so yes, you don't need us to advise you much, just buy the best of the best. Go on Newegg or Scan and sort by Price Descending.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Axi5 said:
    just buy the best of the best. Go on Newegg or Scan and sort by Price Descending.
    Thanks. My screen, keyboard and wacom really needed to be cleaned. Now off to fetch another cup of tea...
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Thanks Axi5, honestly, you have helped me a lot and have learnt a lot from you.  I am leaning towards the 3090 after seeing dozens of youtube clips, the speed of rendering really caught my attention. To be honest, I don't know if ill get 3080 or 3090, but I do worry about the size of the 3080 as its only 10 or 12gb and still prices are steep  £649 for 10gb or £1,049 for 12gb. The 3090 is £1,399 but 24gb; twice as powerful as the 3080Ti 12gb.
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Or is it possible to install two gpus to increase the memory like ram e.g 2 x 3080 10gb to make it up to 20gb, (so if i brought 3080 now and then if i wanted more memory in the future I could buy another 3080??)
  • Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    Multi GPU doesn't have much support like it used to. You're best bet is sticking to just the 1 graphics card for compatibility and simplicity's sake.

VRAM is good for stuffing large or many textures into a scene and for large buffers (for 4K screens), and a decent amount should be required even for rendering offline, note that a "decent" amount is probably 8GB+, I wouldn't get anything with less than 6 and my GPU has 11GB. However, some film GPU renderers use virtual memory techniques so you'll typically just swap data when it hits your VRAM limit, it'll slow your renders a tiny perhaps insignificant amount and certainly not by hours or anything. If you're rendering with a CPU renderer i.e. Arnold CPU, or Cycles CPU etc. you don't need to worry about this, but yes most renderers are moving toward GPU & compute so if you've got the money to spent get a hefty one.

Summary: You can make do with a lot less, but get the 3090 if you can afford it anyway.

Are you building your system from scratch? Make sure not to cheap out on the power supply while we're at it too. A 5800x, 3090 and whatever else you'll have, you're probably looking at 700W minimum to be on the safe side. Make sure it's rated gold at least. Last thing we'd want is your pricey components underperforming, or worse, unprotected because of a cheap PSU.
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    yeah ill see what i can afford, the 3090 does look more attractive in price compared to the 3080ti, and they obviously did that on purpose. 
    I am looking at Novatech as they build custom machines and I can get the VAT off. I could build it and i am still weighing up the costs and availability of parts to see which route is more cost effective.Thanks for telling me about the power supply, I wasn't aware of that; the last thing I want is my expensive parts to blow! I was looking at Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE AMD X570 ATX MOTHERBOARD, costs around £200 and has the capacity to do up to 12 cores, so if I ever wanted to upgrade to a ryzen 9 5900x then i could do that. Have you heard of it? I read useful info on motherboards and recommended this form here  https://www.cgdirector.com/best-motherboard-for-amd-ryzen-5000/
  • Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    Motherboards don't lock you in to CPU cores, they lock you in to Chipsets. AMD and intel have different chipsets, they update them every so often hence the need for new motherboards. Basically you're just looking to use the same chipset, AM4 is Ryzen's chipset at the moment, any motherboard that supports AM4 will support any AM4 Ryzen. Other than that it's just feature set and IO.

Features/IO are things like:
    BIOS/UEFI software that you like
    Maximum supported RAM
    Are there enough PCIe slots for what you plan to plug in
    Whether there is onboard WiFi
    A more premium onboard audio chip
    Whether you require a USB-C header
    Whether the motherboard has enough fan headers to power your CPU and case fans
    Does it have an m.2 slot for your nice new NVME SSD drive and is it active or passively cooled
    Do they have all the above but in a nice location that makes it easier for you to build

Try get one as close as good for you as you require, but remember you can always expand or get around some limitations such as WiFi or audio quality. Just read reviews and watch build guides. 

I'm sure you're doing this already, but make sure to throw all your parts into PCPartsPicker to make sure it's all compatible
  • cturbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cturbo node
    Ok, I get you! I'll look into all those features more carefully. I will definitely check out the PC parts picker site, I have never heard of it and it looks amazing.