Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

How can i make this look photorealistic?

samarth7523
polycounter lvl 3

Replies

• mrcreative
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add some more bounce lighting , Bevel the edges right now they seem really sharp . Try breaking the texture on wood on the wall . Also add some hints to their function like door handles etc, right now their purpose isn't clear . modify texture on the wall facing the window it seems to lose detail and depth . 
  • samarth7523
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    samarth7523 polycounter lvl 3
    I changed lighting a bit and added a plant. Still screams CG, maybe any other tips woulf help. Thanks! 
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I think it screams CG because nobody has a bedroom like this hahah. If you throw some socks on the floor and put a few dents in the walls. But if you're trying to make a rich person's bedroom, it looks real.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also think about where the camera is. Is this a ginormous bedroom? What's behind/under the camera? Why is the camera totally flat-on (makes it more austere)? It could help to include a foreground element or two, perhaps blurred with dof.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Why not update your original thread, instead of opening a new one?!

Progressive feedback would also benefit others struggling with a similar issue.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Merged the threads.
  • TangDao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TangDao polycounter lvl 6
    Change color on baseboard on right hand wall.Do you need baseboard on granite/concrete wall?Grain pattern wrong direction on wood baseboard.Floor boards look a little wide and add fixtures to hang the ceiling lights from. 
  • icegodofhungary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    icegodofhungary interpolator
    The concrete noise is too uniform and feels procedural. It looks like one of the B&W spots nodes in substance. Add more layers of different noises to break it up. Maybe add some more 'stripeyness" to the noise as well, like this:

This is probably a little closer to what you have already, but there's some subtle texture variation to it that really helps:

I think your wood grain on the wall has the same issue. It almost looks like brush strokes. Unless that's just a real pattern you referenced and I'm unfamiliar with it.

Make the blanket on the bed a darker color. Like a gray or slate or something. The contrast will help it out. Especially with that dark flower pot and lamps. You'll notice in the photos I posted they use darker bedding to tie in with the accessories of the room like that.
  • samarth7523
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    samarth7523 polycounter lvl 3
    This is the updated version, I am going to remove the plant. I didn't see your reply until now. 
    I think this render is too bright, going to fix that.
    But now if you have any other tips for photorealism, that would be great!