Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dark Magician Girl - COMPLETE

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
TaulNotShort polycounter lvl 5
Started a new project!
After reminiscing with some friends about old shows, I wanted to model Dark Magician Girl from Yugioh!
I made a little inspo board to show the kind of style I want to go for, and some reference that I could find of the design. Here's what I have so far! I've only worked on it for a few hours, but I feel like I'm where I want to be with the proportions and face (more or less)I haven't blocked out everything yet! Still a few things to make stand ins for!
Some closeups of her face! I'm really liking how it's looking currently, but I still want to move a few features here and there.

Comments and Critique are welcome! :)

Replies

• TaulNotShort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update! I finally got around to refining her clothes and working on the hard surface pieces! They’re not even that complicated but they gave me a hard time lol.
    I also edited her face a little, and made her head a little smaller!
    Then onto combining the head and body, and after that, skin details! :>03
  • TaulNotShort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I keep forgetting to post here even whenever I work on this project lol.
    But big jump in progress! Made some tweaks to her face, retopologized, textured, and tested out materials in Marmoset! I’m feeling pretty good about where she’s at now, and plan to move on to the hair this week if I have the time.
    I’ve been working on her pretty slowly, but hopefully I can wrap her up within the next month or so! 

C&C are welcome :)
  • TaulNotShort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Finally an update! I’ve been so busy lately that I’ve really only had time to work on her on and off these last few weeks. But she’s almost done!
    I’m pretty happy with the hair, just need to remember to smooth the mesh before final renders so it doesn’t look so low poly.

This week I plan to add the finishing touches like modelling her staff and looking into poses and comp! :)