Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

HI. Im fairly new to 3d and this is my first serious project that i actually finished

Replies

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Well done on the prop!
    In the future try to avoid N-Gons, it's good practice to make your mesh have only triangles and quads, especially for games.
    Secondly, your textures are fine but they seem too proceedural. Try to break up the edge damage (like multiply a grunge over it).
    You don't usually get mud on a camera like in the leather part, and if you did, try to add some fingerprints on that area, where the person would grab it from.
    All in all it's a nice asset, your goal for now is to refine a bit the way you model and have error-free bakes (I saw those small ones around the camera's base, but they could be from your edge damage material) and texture wise, try to understand the history behind your materials.it and how they are placed. For example, what kind of finish does that metal or wood have? How does dust settle on top of it?Would you want mud on the camera? Would there be fingerprints if it was dusty?Could you add a spider web as well? Cheers and keep practising :)
  • solitudevibes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    solitudevibes polycounter lvl 2
    Larry said:
    Well done on the prop!
    In the future try to avoid N-Gons, it's good practice to make your mesh have only triangles and quads, especially for games.
    Secondly, your textures are fine but they seem too proceedural. Try to break up the edge damage (like multiply a grunge over it).
    You don't usually get mud on a camera like in the leather part, and if you did, try to add some fingerprints on that area, where the person would grab it from.
    All in all it's a nice asset, your goal for now is to refine a bit the way you model and have error-free bakes (I saw those small ones around the camera's base, but they could be from your edge damage material) and texture wise, try to understand the history behind your materials.it and how they are placed. For example, what kind of finish does that metal or wood have? How does dust settle on top of it?Would you want mud on the camera? Would there be fingerprints if it was dusty?Could you add a spider web as well? Cheers and keep practising :)

Thanks man!
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    off to a great start man, one small note.  Polycount lets you embed sketchfab directly into your posts.  The more you can directly embed your art into your posts, the higher the chances are you'll get people to look at you art