Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ship Bay- WIP

OokamiReign
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
OokamiReign polycounter lvl 3
Hi, been working on this piece that I originally started for the last ArtStation challenge. Here's where I am at plus the reference if anybody has some feedback that would be greatly appreciated, also if anyone has some advice on how they would tackle the backdrop! 

Replies

• OokamiReign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi again, I have experimented further with the lighting trying to lighten up the scene over all though some areas like the back corner are still way to dark. I have also finished modelling the mechanical arm and textured some more assets.

• Elivenger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elivenger polycounter lvl 2
    I also agree that currently the scene is way too dark. Needs more indirect bounce lighting, and your sky definitely needs more color like the reference. But overall it is starting to slowly come together. I think adding some spherical reflection probes in the darker corners could help. Anyways keep going!
  • OokamiReign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback Elivenger! I have added added some reflection probes in various areas and upped the light bounces it looks a bit brighter may need need to push it further still. most of the texturing is done outside of a few of the larger pieces, then I need to focus on the terrain for the back drop and the sky to bring everything together.  

• OokamiReign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update, feel like I'm getting close to done with this now. Mostly want to experiment with having areas covered in snow close to the opening. Made a terrain using Gaea which was fun though at the moment its a bit blown out. Over the weekend I'm planning on finalising the lighting, as always any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

• OokamiReign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, I think I am pretty much done with this now. If anyone has some feedback or critique that would be greatly appreciated!!