Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] Distillery basement

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
arnov polycounter lvl 4
Finally finished my biggest project yet :D its amazing being able to finally post it!
Check artstation for video :)
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/68oay6

Replies

• VesaN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VesaN triangle
    Congratulations, it always feels good to finish a project.. I can see the amount of work put here.. Nice job. :)
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Looks pretty good, but the tv would be emitting more light into the scene...it currently looks like it's not projecting any light? I'd also consider changing the color of the light on the upper stair since it's similar in color to your sunlight. I'd honestly consider one over the other since they are both competing for attention atm...the scale of the lawn chair seems off or the height of your sink? I dunno, the scene looks out of scale to me when comparing the stairs, the sink height and the back of the chair. You put a character in there for scale?
  • arnov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arnov polycounter lvl 4
    Looks pretty good, but the tv would be emitting more light into the scene...it currently looks like it's not projecting any light? I'd also consider changing the color of the light on the upper stair since it's similar in color to your sunlight. I'd honestly consider one over the other since they are both competing for attention atm...the scale of the lawn chair seems off or the height of your sink? I dunno, the scene looks out of scale to me when comparing the stairs, the sink height and the back of the chair. You put a character in there for scale?
    Some valid points about lighting, honestly, this was something I stuggled with a lot while working on this project and It could have probably been way better if I had more experience with it.

Yes, I did put character in there and thought it looked fine, also gathered feedback while I was working on it and honestly no one mentioned anything about scale, but at the same time I havent put much focus into that, if it looked fine next to the character then I moved on to the next thing.
  • arnov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arnov polycounter lvl 4
    VesaN said:
    Congratulations, it always feels good to finish a project.. I can see the amount of work put here.. Nice job. :)
    Thank you :) 
  • RustedFaith3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustedFaith3d triangle
    Great work! Love the atmosphere! 
  • arnov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arnov polycounter lvl 4
    Great work! Love the atmosphere! 
    Thanks, bro!