Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Female Ecorche Anatomy Study

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Svyat polycounter lvl 5
Hey there anatomy masters, I wanted to invite you to join me on the journey to this female ecorche study. If there are things that seem out of place, it would mean the world to me if you could point it out. I'm following an old course by Ryan Kingslien, he's really an amazing teacher. Here's my progress so far. :)

Replies

• Svyat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Svyat polycounter lvl 5
    Adding Quads and Hamstrings

• Svyat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Svyat polycounter lvl 5
    Added Sartorius Gracilis and Abductors

• Svyat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Svyat polycounter lvl 5
    Some more detalization and fixing proportions according to Ryan Kingslien anatomy model in Zbrush. The plan is to sculpt the muscles that are there currently then to add the lower leg and forearms muscles. 

• Svyat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Svyat polycounter lvl 5
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    1 are you sure about this proportion ?
    2 you have given adductors too much credit where will all the lovely fat go now ?
    3 this is the biggest mistake at 5th rib pecs and serratus should start overlap each other yours are kind of shy
    4 missing the high point where lats connect with current shape of ilium
    5 ...
    6 rib cage look short rib cage and pelvis should be closer together
    7 there is natural offset in bones

• Svyat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Svyat polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks for the feedback @carvuliero I've tried to go over all the points you've mentioned, now I think she looks way better. :) There are still more muscles to refine, so going to try to keep updating more constantly. Also this model is using 8 head canon of proportion.

• Svyat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Svyat polycounter lvl 5
    More updates (deltoid, traps, scapula muscles, bicep, triceps)

• vavavoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vavavoom polycounter lvl 11
    Hi~~

That's some nice high detail work going on.

Looking good progress :)

Only thing I can really add is that the legs look too perfectly straight from the side view, even without the muscles. They need some curve or bend position perhaps?
    I'm always a little hesitant to offer anatomy feedback as I'm learning it myself, I'm sure some other advanced folks could correct me :)

• Svyat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Svyat polycounter lvl 5
    @vavavoom Hey, I agree this should be added. 
  • enola
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    enola polycounter lvl 2
    Hi @Svyat

it's looking good, but I saw a couple of things that I thought might help!  Thought I'd do a little paint over, like  carvueliero.

1. Vastus medialis is the only one of the quads that goes all the way down to the patella. The other two are connected through a tendon. I think this is important because it really does alter the surface form! 

2. I think the gesture of the adductors needs to be altered a little. they should go up towards the pelvis rather than backwards.

3. I believe the abs bulge too much here and should be straightened a bit. There is definitely a bulge on female's lower abdomen, but it is usually caused by an abdominal fat pad located underneath the belly button, not by the abs! And it sits slightly lower. 

I hope this helps! keep up the great work! :)