Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: Henry Cavil Witcher form

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
djwiley912 polycounter lvl 9
Started with doing Likeness sculpt and then just kind of evolved from there. Working on Henry Cavil in his Witcher form. Comments and Criticism welcome and also just showcasing some of my work and I am working on getting more into the Social media posts.

I did a quick hair and eye change to his Superman ref to see if I did capture Henry right. I am not too sure about the body will give that another pass  

Referencing the Fight scene from the First episode as ref for his clothes. Barebones at the moment just finished retopo work after doing Marvelous Designer. 

Replies

• Omkar
    Awesome work dude. How long have you been working on 3D Modeling in general?

• djwiley912
    Offline / Send Message
     Omkar said:
    Awesome work dude. How long have you been working on 3D Modeling in general?

Counting school years than 11years,
    5 years of studio experience,
    and about 6 with freelance work and failed startup studios while working in a warehouse to pay the bills
  • djwiley912
    Offline / Send Message
    Current Status of Henry, Need to Add him to the environment scene and fixing some odd colors on his skin,
    I am excited to work on his other forms and some more outfits for him. 

• djwiley912
    Offline / Send Message
    Fixed the Eybreows to not be black monsters. 

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looking sweet! In your last post, I feel like his facial expression in image 3 doesn't really match the character. He's meant to have a resting bitch face, and in this image he looks pretty approachable. I might also say his clothes are a bit too clean?
  • djwiley912
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking sweet! In your last post, I feel like his facial expression in image 3 doesn't really match the character. He's meant to have a resting bitch face, and in this image he looks pretty approachable. I might also say his clothes are a bit too clean?
    Yeah, I went with the mindset of making Henry Cavill so that resting bitch face is Blendshape and Wrinkle map combo the image you are pointing out is his neutral face; no blendshape no wrinkle map triggers. Now I can take this Henry model and turn him into Superman or one of his other Characters super easy instead of having to resculpt the face over or rework the face for that other persona.

I not really sure how to approach the clothes when I have tried to fix them before people kept saying it looks too cartoony and stylized. So I have been trying to find more tutorials and settings on how people handle realistic clothes in Substance painter.
  • ibrahim05
    Offline / Send Message
    ibrahim05 polycounter lvl 6
    amazing work