Home Technical Talk

translate uvmap from UV pos to another in 3dsmax?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hello , does someone knows how can I translate textures from an UDIM position to the other without loosing the precision positioning in the UVmap texture ? so imagine if I did a baking of several UDIM textures and now I want to translate them all into central first uvmap textures without loosing orientation ,position and all .

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Use the transform input fields at the bottom of the UV editor

Eg. Type -1 in the X field to move them one tile left
  • gandhics
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gandhics polycounter lvl 7
    UVWXform modifier?
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    poopipe said:
    Use the transform input fields at the bottom of the UV editor

Eg. Type -1 in the X field to move them one tile left

Can you show me how to ? Because when I go there its not selectable and unresponsive .

• Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Grab the UV shell(s), to be safe do this in polygon with select element mode enabled (next to polygon button at the bottom left), press w, then type in 1 (or -1 if you want it to in the other direction) down here.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Kanni3d said:
    Grab the UV shell(s), to be safe do this in polygon with select element mode enabled (next to polygon button at the bottom left), press w, then type in 1 (or -1 if you want it to in the other direction) down here.

Thankyou , pressing W worked, is there als a way to scale up ? For example I used 50% snap when scaling but for some reason they use a different origin and so they do not end up in a precise position , to explain better I have arranged pieces of the textures in an array in one single textur uv space, but I want to scale them up so that each piece will fit into a specific uv space , not sure if I explained well?
  • Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    I think it'll always scale from its origin, which is defaulting to the averaged center of the uv shell. There may be a way to grab that origin and snap it to a vert or location so it'd scale properly to what you'd need, I'm not too sure
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Kanni3d said:
    I think it'll always scale from its origin, which is defaulting to the averaged center of the uv shell. There may be a way to grab that origin and snap it to a vert or location so it'd scale properly to what you'd need, I'm not too sure

When I scale its always misaligned, I used a custom texture with the custom uv tiling to take measures in the single UV map then I scaled to what should have been rightfull positions with a snap % but it doesnt and it seems missing the positioning with precision offsets.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you want a shell to fill the UV square, use the Pack tool, then move it back to the UDIM you want.