Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warcraft ogre girl (Finished)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Slonovskoy polycounter lvl 3
Yooo! Finished finally that one. Thanks for helping to everyone!
More pics and video at artstation. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8eObv6

Replies

• Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just started on the body + fixed faces a bit.

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    On thread topic and artwork:
    Nice, i really like this idea and the twin thing. 

feel like maybe the wings and the back should be "stronger" looking to be able to support a bigger upper body round shoulders a bit more and i dislike (even if it exists irl) the neck stretching (if you can help it) and i did look into it before posting this.here hopefully that is a real picture but they got space so similar to that, the draw over works really well i think.  What you think? (all as well as op)

On the topic / actual thoughts based on the idea, relating it to real life:
    Thoughts before thread on twins and irl existence, removed tldr, basically life with another person, one of them passes, how do you live? & some people somewhere are living it.(thinking of others is all, just something i do from time to time to remind myself to be thankful.)

Looking forward to more.
  • Joseph_Bramlett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph_Bramlett polycounter lvl 4

I agree with David about the neck and shoulders so I thought ide kind of do a quick breakdown of it in the concept art to help illustrate it more. 
  • Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, i think you right. I just only started on the body, basically it is a smoothed blockout right after dynamesh. Good tips on shoulder and neck stuff though. 
  • Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Continued to sculpting the body. Anatomy advises are very welcomed. Still not finished though, next wip will be when i'm done with the body already.

• Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, fixed a few things in body and almost done with the hair on the stream. 

• Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Done with blocking of armor.

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    heck yea, more!
  • Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sculpt ready. Next thing is retopo.

• oh_holymary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh_holymary polycounter lvl 3
    I love the process  :3 is very helpful!!! 
  • Francois_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    It's coming along really well , sculpt looks really clean. The thing that is very off though are the proportions , especially when an "ogre" has the waist the width of the foot and the biceps are a third in width of the forearms. I know you are going for "stylized" proportions but at the same time it is sort of lacking cohesiveness. 
    My unwanted two cents.
  • Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made retopo, finally. Was spending my free time in some other funny stuff, but i did it. Not ideal off course, but should be good enough.
    Next thing is UV and bakes.

• Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UV and bakes are ready. Just started on textures. Since i want to do it quite stylized, it should be pretty quick.
  • Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, i think textures are finished. Now i should rig it and do at least still pose animation.

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Hope this is alright.(if you want the .psd on how i did all this i will give it to you.)

Think this would benefit greatly from some gradient fade color add into to specific area's and if you did that i can't notice it, i envision this having strong color changes to fit into say w.o.w. did not really want to do it my self though visuals but its the only way to show what i mean.

Animated gif / Before + After

To note i usually draw over my stuff and see what i could do better so it helps you in the future not wait around for c&c or see if it lines up with what you think or end up with.  (i.e. self management fixing) You forgot the tatto / paint on the skull/buckle.

Just again i went above and beyond for this one cause i really, really, like the concept and your attempt hope i've helped somehow, again idk how much of this can be done with the "style/shaders", you picked to go with, though i think if you can add in v.i.a. the dota shader maybe, some self illumination action you might be able to get very close to this.  Do as you wish just wanted to share how i saw your final version posted.  (my hopes for the end results anyway.)

Static img of after
    If anyone agree's i think while the rigging is going on maybe chime in before its too late :astonished:
  • Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, thank you DavidCruz very much! Yea, i totally fortgot about that paint on the skull yesterday evening (I just texture it all day and at the end my eye get blurry a bit =) ), already fixed this thing. And also i did those gradients there and there, it's just barely visible, i will make it more visible now. Also good thing that you added some texture to the paint on clothes, will do the same.
  • Slonovskoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texture fixes. Made it more saturated overall, add more gradients, paint on skull. Should be a bit better now.
    Also as a side note, i'm not going for the warcraft or hots look, i'm just doing it in some stylized way, without any goal to mimic some particular game. For example, proportions could look like a hots one, but polycount is clearly didn't ment for it.