Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need feedback for this Environment

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
SuSo polycounter lvl 5
Hi everyone!

I would like to get some feedback to try to get better result in this environment.

Thank you all!

Replies

• bickhsu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bickhsu polycounter lvl 2
    maybe u can try to adjust overall tone and reduce fog, now look foreground and background doesn't match.
    here is a good web to reference  > https://screenmusings.org/

• SuSo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuSo polycounter lvl 5
    okay, i will try it, thanks :)

• pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Like others have said...too much fog, yet the bigger issue you need to solve....your scene currently does not tell a story or feature any sort of landmark/focal point. I'd focus on that. You don't have to go crazy here...a cottage, a broken fence with a signpost, or broken down wooden cart or something, or a twisted deformed darkened tree (think Ferngully movie). Or get creative with elements you already have, a few rocks placed in the center with an opening and then some moody lighting with a focal point and maybe something like this (see image below), with some glowing fireflies bouncing around...and bam, you got something interesting. 

ferngully hexus tree. 

look for some reference that tells the story you want to tell, this a haunted forest? A healing forest? A shortcut to get somewhere? Find an identity for it, research some ideas and execute, could be solved by assets, lighting, composition or time of day...or combinations of. 

Good luck. 
  • SuSo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuSo polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah, you are right. The big problem is the history behind it, i gonna change the environment and try to focus in one thing to get something interesting.
    Thank you for the feedback, i really appreciate it
    Like others have said...too much fog, yet the bigger issue you need to solve....your scene currently does not tell a story or feature any sort of landmark/focal point. I'd focus on that. You don't have to go crazy here...a cottage, a broken fence with a signpost, or broken down wooden cart or something, or a twisted deformed darkened tree (think Ferngully movie). Or get creative with elements you already have, a few rocks placed in the center with an opening and then some moody lighting with a focal point and maybe something like this (see image below), with some glowing fireflies bouncing around...and bam, you got something interesting. 

ferngully hexus tree. 

look for some reference that tells the story you want to tell, this a haunted forest? A healing forest? A shortcut to get somewhere? Find an identity for it, research some ideas and execute, could be solved by assets, lighting, composition or time of day...or combinations of. 

Good luck.