Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Woman Anatomy

dyo_ooo
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
dyo_ooo polycounter lvl 9
Hello, 
I am working on my free time on a new character I would like to start by making a full character anatomy with zbrush, I like to know you through about her anatomy if she's look correct or not for you.
I am also thinking of what I can do for her I think about an exploratrice, an adventurer, I thought about a witch.. looking maybe to stylise her like a fortnite character. 
I spend a lot of time on her face where I had difficulties but I am pretty satisfy now, what do you think ? 

Thanks !! 

Replies

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    She looks a bit stiff and there are areas where volume is missing  if you fix that she might look like a human

• dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your help Carvuliero, I believe she look more natural now, and I add to her some cloths. 
    Always happy to get comment. 

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    If you are going for a generic female figure, this one looks a bit stylised.  You can use Daz3D as a reference. Its also possible to use a dev figure without textures to help with sculpting. Having the program on a monitor next to your main one lets you rotate around the figure while you work:

You can also use Daz for ref pics in zB. Placed on image planes is a super way to get proportions looking better:

As far as your current figure I'd say the face is too stylised, the hands and feet are too big and not refined, the shoulder blades lack volume, and splaying the feet slightly out at the toe ends helps sculpting. Good job on the costume, but it really is advantageous to run it through Marvelous Designer for a cool end result.
  • dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Kanga,
    actually you right I am worked with this character first making the head stylised and then the body looking to realistic reference.
    I guess I am sculpting between two chairs, with her dressed I like to make stylised character like fortnite; I am going to split the character on two, one stylised with cloth (and so I have to make the visible body part more stylised too), and keep the realiste body for further project... 

I thought is better to have a body with realistic anatomy to then make her stylised as fortnite use around realistic proportion if I am right, maybe I am wrong, does anyone have a particular workflow on stylised/realistic character ? 

Anyway, I am going to look at daz character as you said more ref is always better ^^.
    For marvelous i like to sketch a little bit more on zbrush and then why not try it as I never did. 

Also I planed next to make her ready for game, tous un programme ^^.
  • stevston89
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Honestly I don't think that Daz 3D model is a good anatomical reference, there is a lot of stuff that is unnatural/ out of place. I would recommend grabbing a scan from 3d scan store as reference. They are like 17$ but are going to be much more accurate in terms of anatomy. You can even use Split screen in Zbrush to directly reference while you are sculpting. 
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    I suggest straightening her legs as she look X-legged
    Also she look tiny/short if this is not your intention lengthening legs will fix that

• dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for your help, so yes I got 3d scan and it was a great idea, I got close of what I see in term of proportion, and also I make her taller you have a good eyes Carvuliero ^^.
    So I am pretty satisfy of her, what do you think ? 
  • dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Still more correction is never finish this kind of thing  :open_mouth:;)

• dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,
    I made some render with zbrush and photoshop. 
    I like to thank particularly Carvuliero for his advice.
    I hope you will like her, she's named Lara ^^. 

• dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, 
    I put some dress on her, I believe she's pore presentable ^^. 

• vavavoom
    Offline / Send Message
    vavavoom polycounter lvl 11
    Looks really nice~~~

Has that 'Overwatch' style to it. I bet she would look good some kind of fantasy/sci-fi styled costume  :)
  • dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Vavavoom, is really encouraging for me to continue with this character  ;)
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    A little suggestion to maybe make her a bit more feminine slimming the whole arm will made even bigger impact
  • dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Carvuliero, I will make this correction for sure. 
    I continued  to work on her putting news cloth for the winter, she’s maybe need some accessories to go to the adventure =) .
    I like to arrange more the fold particularly on the jacket and finish the pant.
    I'll love to hear your thought about her.

• dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, 
    here is my latest update on this character, hope you like it !!! 

• dyo_ooo
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, 
    I made a render with her in dress, I think she's look great more naturel than the last one, I still have to work withe lightning and rendering. 
    Hope you like it !!!