Home Technical Talk

Show Texture beyond 0-1 in UV Editor

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Kreuton polycounter lvl 9
Hi everyone.  I'd like to see my texture beyond the 0-1 space in the UV editor in Maya.  I know that I can go to Image: Image Range and set it there and it will permanently be visible, but there is a way to set it so that it will only load the texture in the UV space where there are UVs.  It turned itself off when I reset the UI and I cannot for the life of me find the setting.  It works for the default Checkers, but not for the Image. 
Example of it working with checkers: 
Example of it not working with Image: 

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    Set the image range to grid size.
    In the uv editor --> image --> image range.
  • Kreuton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kreuton polycounter lvl 9
    Hey thanks for the reply.  Yes that would definitely work.  The thing I am trying to get happen though is only have the image show in the UV space where there are actually UVs.  You can see in the checkers example, it puts the background image in U-1V1, U1V1, U1V2 because there are UVs there, but it doesn't put it in U-1V2 because there aren't any UVs occupying that space.  I would like that same effect to happen when I use an image.

As I say, yes adjusting the grid would definitely work, but it would mean that the image would always be displayed, which I find a bit distracting.