Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anatomy Female - Zbrush - Feedback

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
GarethStandfield polycounter lvl 3
Heya, currently trying to work on afew issues at once so thought id post my current model here, trying to get a nice solid female base mesh for this project an for future projects. 

Some feedback would be awesome (the neck and head currently are unworked on as im trying too figure out how to connect them less distinctively).

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Look into poser i think its free, people have been telling users to look into those models  to use as a reference to get your proportions and forms right. (told to do this because it answers all the questions with the model better than any of us, writting up book after book about the same thing over and over, it is monumentally more helpful than we could be, which is the reason its mentioned.)

After that to combine the head and body, i make COPIES of both and do a bunch of tests with dynamesh.
    I collapse the two copies into one, (merge down) yes!(can not be undone, which is why we make copies), make a copy of that and hide what i am not using and do a 512+ dynamesh on the model till i get results that look good to work with.
    (delete it and make a new copy when it doesn't work out.)
    (should stitch the neck to the head but you loose a bit of detail) mask the area where the neck and head are sliced off and enable the previous (before we dynameshed) version and project the details you had before.

Now they should be 1 piece with the details you just have to fix the neck area (where its seperated.)

You could also make a retopology model or near finalized lower poly model base and subdivide that then reproject details to that one and then work on that as the final high res and low res meshes. (later on you would probably re-edit the "finalized, lower poly model".) You tube should have guides on any of this.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage

Yeah, you can use Daz3D as a starting point. Its free. The start pose is pretty good for a default figure. You can play with proportions. The above is a dev figure (no texture) and the head is scaled down. You can use the app on a screen next to your main work screen and rotate the ref figure around to get a good 3D view on  any part you are shooting for. You can also import shots into zB for reference image planes.

Have fun!

• GarethStandfield
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz said:
    Look into poser i think its free, people have been telling users to look into those models  to use as a reference to get your proportions and forms right. (told to do this because it answers all the questions with the model better than any of us, writting up book after book about the same thing over and over, it is monumentally more helpful than we could be, which is the reason its mentioned.)

After that to combine the head and body, i make COPIES of both and do a bunch of tests with dynamesh.
    I collapse the two copies into one, (merge down) yes!(can not be undone, which is why we make copies), make a copy of that and hide what i am not using and do a 512+ dynamesh on the model till i get results that look good to work with.
    (delete it and make a new copy when it doesn't work out.)
    (should stitch the neck to the head but you loose a bit of detail) mask the area where the neck and head are sliced off and enable the previous (before we dynameshed) version and project the details you had before.

Now they should be 1 piece with the details you just have to fix the neck area (where its seperated.)

You could also make a retopology model or near finalized lower poly model base and subdivide that then reproject details to that one and then work on that as the final high res and low res meshes. (later on you would probably re-edit the "finalized, lower poly model".) You tube should have guides on any of this.

Awesome sounds like i was on the right track with dynmesh its a tricky bugger as holes and artifacts kept popping up in the mouth ect on the copies but to be honest i think it might be easier to deal with them then touching up a whole faces details again. Tedious but probabaly fastest.

I think were i cut neck or above wont hugely change the issues just due too the head still needing to eventually become one mesh so probably best to just nip it in the bud and go with the first method ^_^!

Will look into poser, hopefully it might let me see more off my issues. As off now i cant see whats wrong but... i can kinda tell somethings off? not sure it makes sense but i guess thats art haha thanks for the advice and info :)
  • GarethStandfield
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga said:

Yeah, you can use Daz3D as a starting point. Its free. The start pose is pretty good for a default figure. You can play with proportions. The above is a dev figure (no texture) and the head is scaled down. You can use the app on a screen next to your main work screen and rotate the ref figure around to get a good 3D view on  any part you are shooting for. You can also import shots into zB for reference image planes.

Have fun!

Oww interesting i always thought Daz was paid. i dont import images as back and side planes anymore as they apparently hinder learning and i wont always have specific images like that too use so learning how to make anatomy and form look good with less straight forward reff is how im trying to learn right now.

This is a nice was to view some good looking models though thanks for the idea :)