Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

feedback for a little girl

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Bianconiglio polycounter lvl 3
Hi guys!
I'm working in a personal project and this is the latest render I've done.
I wanted to try Blender for render (I'm sorry, but Maya still have a lot of crash for me)
What do you think about material and hair?
Thank you on advance :)

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    SoO cute, nothing to say, do the pants have stitching seams that is about all i got to say about this.
  • Bianconiglio
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz said:
    SoO cute, nothing to say, do the pants have stitching seams that is about all i got to say about this.

Thank you! The pants has the stitching seams, but they doesn't notice on this view.
  • valentin_baguirov
    Offline / Send Message
    valentin_baguirov polycounter lvl 3
    This is too cute. Love your old guy character you did as well. Very lovely! Im not a character artist so I cant really give feedback but I love this!
  • JuniWonderland
    Offline / Send Message
    JuniWonderland triangle
    The hair looks really good, looks silky smooth and I like the material of the clothes as well :open_mouth:
    The skin looks like a vinyl material so it looks like a cute little toy for me :D
  • Bianconiglio
    Offline / Send Message
    This is too cute. Love your old guy character you did as well. Very lovely! Im not a character artist so I cant really give feedback but I love this!

Thank you very much!!
  • Bianconiglio
    Offline / Send Message
    The hair looks really good, looks silky smooth and I like the material of the clothes as well :open_mouth:
    The skin looks like a vinyl material so it looks like a cute little toy for me :D

Thank you Juni!
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Portfolio worthy, as is.
  • birb
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    This looks really good! It's a lovely color palette and you captured this art style curves flow really well, succeeding in creating a balanced silhouette. The materials also look good.

I did a quick overpaint with some small suggestions to take it a little further if that's okay. If you break the uniformity of a couple of elements you'll increase the suspension of disbelief—not making her more realistic, but more believable within her setting. It's the same concept of adding wear to the knees of the pants like you did.

Regarding the hair, I like the color, material and style and I feel you stopped just short of giving it more movement and character. If you take the front lock and make it lighter-looking, letting it deviate from the others instead of forcing it back to the mass of the hair you'll have an element that looks dynamic in stills and would animate really well.

Also, do not skimp on the hairline, it grounds the hair on the skull. Adding the hairline where it's appropriate will show your eye to detail and make you stand out a bit in a sea of artists afraid of doing hair.

A last tip: varying the curve at the root of the locks will break uniformity without breaking the hairstyle shape. To increase control over the roots direction in Blender you can display the hair keys in Particle Edit more, select the root then select the next key and subdivide. You'll want to do this only after adding all guide hairs to maintain the number of keys in each strand consistent.

That's it! Keep up the good work!
  • Bianconiglio
    Offline / Send Message
    birb said:
    This looks really good! It's a lovely color palette and you captured this art style curves flow really well, succeeding in creating a balanced silhouette. The materials also look good.

I did a quick overpaint with some small suggestions to take it a little further if that's okay. If you break the uniformity of a couple of elements you'll increase the suspension of disbelief—not making her more realistic, but more believable within her setting. It's the same concept of adding wear to the knees of the pants like you did.

Regarding the hair, I like the color, material and style and I feel you stopped just short of giving it more movement and character. If you take the front lock and make it lighter-looking, letting it deviate from the others instead of forcing it back to the mass of the hair you'll have an element that looks dynamic in stills and would animate really well.

Also, do not skimp on the hairline, it grounds the hair on the skull. Adding the hairline where it's appropriate will show your eye to detail and make you stand out a bit in a sea of artists afraid of doing hair.

A last tip: varying the curve at the root of the locks will break uniformity without breaking the hairstyle shape. To increase control over the roots direction in Blender you can display the hair keys in Particle Edit more, select the root then select the next key and subdivide. You'll want to do this only after adding all guide hairs to maintain the number of keys in each strand consistent.

That's it! Keep up the good work!

Wow! That's incredible feedback, thank you.
    I will adjust has you suggest, they are right suggestion to improve her.
    Thank you also for the tips the about the hair in Blender, it's my first time I use this tool :)
  • Bianconiglio
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the final result after the suggestion. Some of them I will keep in mimd for next projects to improve my works.
    Thank everybody!
    I share my artstion where you will find more pics https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ykK413