Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] Walther MPK

MightyMorphin
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
MightyMorphin polycounter lvl 3
Hello people.

Recently finished this old cold war era German SMG. There is a longer MPL version, but I really like small SMGs with foldable stocks so I stuck to the more compact model.

Any feedback etc is massively appreciated.

A turntable and viewer is also available on my Artstation - https://www.artstation.com/j3dj.

Beauty

Wireframe

Highpoly

Replies

• pixelpatron
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Looks dope, Materials could use a little more love, just needs a little more edge wear and some minor separation of materials for the rivets, and misc details. *Really digging the edge wear reference on this guy, a lot of the raised elements have shown through depending on the heavier use in those areas; thus eroding the finish, something I feel is lacking on your model. 

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Agreed!

Can't fault accuracy but as mentioned, slightly more emphasis on material application/research would certainly lift this from a rather generic aesthetic too the next level.
  • MightyMorphin
    Offline / Send Message
    MightyMorphin polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for the feedback @pixelpatron and @sacboi.

I have a tenancy of overdoing wear to the point it becomes too noisy. As a result I did try and dial it back a bit but it appears I might have dialed it back a bit too much.

Funnily I somehow never thought of looking at other similar guns for reference lmao.