Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Batman 2020

AldoDelValle
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
AldoDelValle polycounter lvl 5
Hello!!!
My name is Aldo Del Valle, I am from Mexico and I have been studying CG on my own for more than three years.
I present to you a Batman that I made between March and June of this year, hoping you like it and above all, thanking all your comments and criticisms that can help me improve - and soon get a job, I hope - or fix what fails.
Made in Zbrush. Face textured in Mari, everything else in Substance Painter. Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag.
Cheers !!

Replies

• AldoDelValle
  • JohannesAg
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    Pretty cool, there are a few things that I think you could work on  to push this to the next level tho, and all of it can be done with messing with the low poly. 
    1. The eyes need an occlusion film/eye shadow, they are way to white and uncanny
    2. the mouth is kinda small, I would enlarge it a little. But maybe that´s just me
    3. his thighs are weirdly shaped, the muscles on the upper inner thigh are missing and so the legs are caving in, it looks strange. I feel like they might be bulging too far forward as well.
    4.his torso  is a little thin especially the ribcage ( see pic)
    5. I think his pecs might be a tad too wide and the part where the arm joins the torso could be a smidge lower
    6.I also noticed he doesn´t have a butt, batman needs a butt

If you push this a bit further you´ll have a really cool piece on your hands, but I feel like it does need a push.
    You´ll also need better presentation screenshots, these are not really showing the model off well

• AldoDelValle
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, JohannesAg!
    I really appreciate your advice and time to show me the fixes.
    I am impressed with how it improved with the adjustments to the torso.
    Already applied all the fixes, I hope they are noticed.
    The changes of anatomy,  maybe some long and conscientious studies will help me in the near future.

But it terrifies me that I have no idea how to improve my renderings. According to me, I have studied a lot lately, but I cannot apply it or see progress.
    I don't know what I'm looking for. It sounds weird and silly, but I don't understand what they should look like.

I wanted to show you the applied changes and I'm going to proceed with some poses, maybe that helps to present it better?

Thanks again for your help!! And for giving Batman his butt back.
    Cheers!

• JohannesAg
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    definitely looks better. For sure give him a little pose, doesn´t have to be complecated, the one you had with his fists balled up was fine for example. To clarify most of the old screenshots look fine for the most part but just make sure you have nice camera angles and show off the model nicely. The pic where he is aiming the gun somehow makes him look like a toy figure for example and the one of his backside (the old one) has a sort of awkward camera framing, so that´s what I was mostly referring to about better sreens. the new setup looks cool tho, i dig it. Although the darkest shadows are completely black which is generally better to avoid ( his right shoulder in pic 2 for example) so maybe turn down the vignette a little or lessen the contrast sligthly if you bumped that up a lot.
    The only thing I really spot now is on the close up of the face, the corners of his mouth have a little bit of a strange twist, I might  tweak that personally, something like this.

• AldoDelValle
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks again,
    JohannesAg

I've made the last change, maybe it's done by now. In the next few days, I'll be posting two or three characters for more suggestions. If you want to see them https://www.artstation.com/aldodelvalle
    are Spawn, Assajj Ventress and an original character of mine, which is a reinterpretation of King Arthur.
    Thank you very much for your help, see you soon!

Edit:
    When I came back to check, I realized that I used the wrong mesh for rendering !!
    I put here now the definitive one with the corrections.
    Thanks for visiting my post and again, thanks to
    JohannesAg for your advice!