Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Athena - Female Military Character

Danielorji
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Danielorji polycounter lvl 2

Athena - Concept Art by Steven Wayne

This happens to be the most challenging character I've done this year. I enjoyed the process from start to finish.

Hi-Res Image here:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/AqQ0V5

Replies

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    If you want feedback its best to show a turnaround of a series of positions from front to back, that  fit the browser width , cause this is 3D. Big images don't give a good idea of the entire model because its not possible to view the whole figure at once.

Nice piece.
    The thighs seem to be large compared to the weight in the face. The cloth folds just seem to be random bumps.
    Fold direction and intensity give clues to material thickness and stiffness.

• Crazy_pixel
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Nice model, I like the proportions  :)

First I didn't realized that she is wearing a jacket because of the very similiar brown colour compared to the skin.

Then I looked at your reference and yeah the concept lady is having a stronger contrast to guide the eye better.
    Maybe it's a quick thing to fix and it would be push your final model.
  • Nuclear Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I agree with Crazy_Pixel, at first I didnt see her jacket, I think you can go over the textures in general and make some stuff pop more. 
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Everythings cool but why she has a beach ball on her head ? Hair is all about layering and contouring the face maybe try a few different thing like showing more of her face , create contrast between main hair and tail , break the even outline create overlaps

• Danielorji
    Offline / Send Message
    Danielorji polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks for all your inputs :)
    I will keep these critiques in mind.