Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abandoned Corridor (UE4) (WIP)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
valentin_baguirov polycounter lvl 3
Hey all,

Decided to start a new project, so far 6 hours in.

Used megascans for the ground.

The plaster on the ceiling is a placeholder, trying to figure out a way to make it slick.

Replies

• valentin_baguirov
    Offline / Send Message
    Update, more megascan stuff and doing some set dressing
  • valentin_baguirov
    Offline / Send Message

Added posters, dont know if they fit..
  • teodar23
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Looking good.
    A bit dark overall, i know thats the idea but maybe the lighting will change over time.
    About the posters, dont know if they fit or not but thats not how they usually hang. They are either very well glued and they get torn and ripped, or they get slightly curved at a corner or two. I have never seen a poster hang like that basically floating away from the wall...
  • valentin_baguirov
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 said:
    Looking good.
    A bit dark overall, i know thats the idea but maybe the lighting will change over time.
    About the posters, dont know if they fit or not but thats not how they usually hang. They are either very well glued and they get torn and ripped, or they get slightly curved at a corner or two. I have never seen a poster hang like that basically floating away from the wall...
    Noted! Thank you!

Adjusted the posters a little bit, gonna call it a night though and work on that more tommorrow.

I know its quite dark haha, I will see what I can do about it! I wanna tweak it in a way that still makes the window light a strong focal point

Heres a comparison, I really like how dark it is because it really adds to the mood

• valentin_baguirov
    Offline / Send Message
    My bad, it was actually indirect lighting intensity, gonna bump up the brightness in the cam settings tommorrow.
  • teodar23
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    You're right, the darker one looks better. But the window is pretty far away. I would try messing with the fov to make the corridor shorter if you know what i mean.
    Also i noticed some waviness in the walls, which i guess is to make it more natural looking but i suggest making it more subtle. It should be there just enough that your brain picks it up unconciously. Maybe increase the frequency of the waviness also.
  • valentin_baguirov
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man! I will fix the walls in the next pass. 

Fixed the poster
    Fixed the exposure and indirect lighting
    Added foreground to really parallax the picture a bit more

Gonna call it quits for now and move to something else before coming back to this and fixing it further.

If more people have feedback, it is welcome