Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter-Baking Problems

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
adrawingkidd polycounter lvl 2
As you can see below, I have a problem with my mesh after baking in Substance Painter I have no idea how to fix it. I tried changing the Max Frontal/Rear Distance and baking, re-importing the High/Game Res after making changes, Re-doing the UVs just the basics..Is there anyway to fix this? 

Replies

• Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    What's your high res/low res look like in your modeling package? are they perfectly placed ontop of eachother at 0,0,0?
  • adrawingkidd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, I have them all zeroed out and froze the transformations
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Cylindrical forms are impossible to bake in low poly shells perfectly well.  There always be some trade off
    But in your case you could add support loops for baking and then remove them

ps. Actually in your case you could just make seamless unwrap  ( with a single seam)  and do geometry bevels being all a single smooth group + face weighted normals.  Try to bake  then . It shouldn't be a single issue.

• adrawingkidd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Support loops for the Low Res or High Res model?
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    For low res  model  in places where it supposed to be flat 128,128,255 normal color.  You could delete those loops after bake .   It makes  sense it  you have split UV unwrap and hard edges. 

I would still try  to make chamfers, face weighted normals and tube like unwrap.      
       Hard/split edge  with UV split  or chamfer without UV split  is a same amount of vertex calculations for an engine.