Old chest

BT7
BT7
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
BT7 polycounter lvl 4
Hello,
Showing my most recent work.
Stylized real-time chest with PBR textures.
Around 2500 polys

Let me know what you think.

Replies

• teodar23
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Hey,
    Polycount is a bit high (no pun intended), you might want to remove some unecessary loops, especially on the lock. Another issue is the difference between high poly and low poly, which results in misaligned edges in the normalmap. Try to not change the overall shape too much when sculpting, or change the low poly as well so that the edges match.
    Last thing, which has nothing to do with the model but more with the wording you chose in the description: PBR is a standard, a unified approach to achieving REALISTIC images be it real time or offline rendered. Using STYLISED in the same sentence to describe your work is a bit of a contradiction because you are either going for a stylised result or a realistic one. You dont need to adhere to the pbr workflow if you are going for a stylised asset.
    Just my 2 cents.
  • BT7
    Offline / Send Message
    BT7 polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks teodar23 for qritique.
    Hoped to get lower polycount but not without losing shape.
    I admit there are some errors and differences between high and low poly that didn't bake well.
    And I mean stylized chest with realistic (somewhat) materials as opposed to usual hand-painted style. Weird combination - I know :)
    Anyway, thank you for pointing out problems.